British Speedway Forum

Story on the website now,all riders apart from Bomber, KK was rider of the year .

Edited by naffer
  • Like 3

Any riders there to collect the awards?!

All were there apart from Bomber. Poor show from him considering 2 came from Poland yet Bomber lives one junction away and didn't show.

• Like 3

Story on the website now,all riders apart from Bomber, KK was rider of the year .

That's good then. I know Bomber had been complaining that his other half didn't get a free ticket. Had to pay £45 for meal, free bar and evening like everybody else 🙄

Congratulations to Kaspazak who had been great for Coventry. Personally I think King must have been a close 2nd.

Rumours are its that Scroggins or what ever you call him coming back

Where have you read that? He would be great for Coventry storm if it wasn't finished but not strong enough for bees. Havvy had experience and got us to 2 play offs. If replacing him then it needs to be somebody strong, not just somebody who will be cheaper

Any riders there to collect the awards?!

Yes

🐝Rider of the year: Kaspazak

🐝Riders rider of the year: Danny King

🐝Most improved rider: Josh Bates

• Like 1

I didn't realise riders had to pay, I thought the club would do that.

Just their partners. The deal was different this year to make more cheaper for fans to attend. Previously it was I think £55 and it was just a meal, this year was £45 with a meal and free drinks from 8pm. The way I see it is most rider and partner would have spent a large amount in previous events (was at Hilton so bar prices expensive) so this year it was probably cheaper for most riders considering the free bar. The thing that bugs me it was suggested that other riders would miss it too but that was obviously a lie and they all made the effort. If it was that much of an issue for Bomber then go alone surely?

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

poor show for the captain, testimonial man and long severing rider not to go. Guess there's some reason, probably the same one that means he's riding elsewhere next year?

Bomber,Probably under the thumb, that would explain him thinning a bit on the top of his head.

• Like 4

Got the hump didn't he because he had to pay for his other half.

poor show for the captain, testimonial man and long severing rider not to go. Guess there's some reason, probably the same one that means he's riding elsewhere next year?

you wait till he has signed for Poole ?

Really poor show from Harris. I'm sure his other half could have afforded £45 for a meal and free bar. Lives round the corner as well so didn't have to pay for flights and travel plus accommodation like some of the other riders.