British Speedway Forum

Woryna def not back.

I liked him but on his average there are better riders out there. He had some good meetings at home but was very poor away. Would be harder for him in the old format as well when not in protected heats

Woryna def not back.

Good news if true, I have no doubt he will do a great job for his grandad's old team at Poole someday but see no point in us keeping him based on the 'Coventry' Woryna we saw this year. For Coventry at least, I don't see him improving for us.

• Like 1

Snippet from

CET:

Teams are being built to a 50-point limit, but a mark-up factor of 1.4 on the averages of former Elite League riders will rule some out of contention and make it imperative to find the right balance.

Lynch said: We had two hours together on Friday and Mick has gone away to talk to riders, and at this stage there are eight other clubs doing exactly the same thing!

You also have two teams in Rye House and Somerset who are brand-new, and theyre going to be super-enthusiastic.

We've had a good chat about it and Id say weve named probably nine riders that we'd want to pick a good seven from, and then its down to Mick to do the deals.

I wont be having anything to do with the contracts, but its nice to have an input on who wed like to bring in, and on most of the riders we were talking about I do know them anyway because I havent been out of it that long.

Good that he's having an input with his vast experience. Let's see who is on the list.

Yes he should be good a thorough knowledge of Speedway

Quite content with Jim Lynch being involved. Not sure he the most tactically astute man out there but always strikes me as a decent enough guy with some not to bad ideas. Interesting to note a few riders are saying how good he is on twitter, that can only be a good thing.

Sign Fricke, Schlein and Bates and go from there.

Agree totally to those 3 - Bates being the most important name on the team sheet for definate - something good there in the future ! King and Kaspersak too for me, which leaves to leaves one more (unsure who would for the bill and average)and the British 3 pointer.

The Jim Lynch appointment shows already the desire of the Coventry Speedway promotion for the team to be the best in the land once again. Could be exciting times once again - just wish the speedway could revert to Saturday night racing - GP riders seem to have shunned British speedway so no reason why not to revert to where it belongs and as I remember it all those years ago!

Agree totally to those 3 - Bates being the most important name on the team sheet for definate - something good there in the future ! King and Kaspersak too for me, which leaves to leaves one more (unsure who would for the bill and average)and the British 3 pointer.

The Jim Lynch appointment shows already the desire of the Coventry Speedway promotion for the team to be the best in the land once again. Could be exciting times once again - just wish the speedway could revert to Saturday night racing - GP riders seem to have shunned British speedway so no reason why not to revert to where it belongs and as I remember it all those years ago!

are you sure you need a British 3 pointer in the premier league ?

Quite content with Jim Lynch being involved. Not sure he the most tactically astute man out there but always strikes me as a decent enough guy with some not to bad ideas. Interesting to note a few riders are saying how good he is on twitter, that can only be a good thing.

I once had a very enjoyable chat with Jim Lynch whilst on the train back to Prague after a Czech Golden Helmet meeting a few years ago.

He came over as a very decent, intelligent guy, who could listen as well as talk.

He reminds me of the sort of person we always used to have at Brandon , someone with integrity that presents the right image.

He will be a massive improvement on the rubbish that has been used in the last few seasons.

• Like 8

are you sure you need a British 3 pointer in the premier league ?

Think it's just Championship

King and Kaspersak too for me, which leaves to leaves one more

Danny King has already signed for Kings Lynn according to their thread and to be honest, I can understand that as he wants a short journey going between Ipswich in the PL and Kings Lynn in the EL.

Kasprzak I think may leave like Harris but you never know.

Kasprzak I think may leave like Harris but you never know.

As he misses meetings due to the SEC perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad thing? :unsure:

• Like 1

As he misses meetings due to the SEC perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad thing? :unsure:

Yep if he's in that there is no point in signing him.

Very high average too now for KK

I think if he can commit to all the fixtures then he's worth it. He has a 11 average but he is capable of scoring that. AJ has the same average.

Yep if he's in that there is no point in signing him.

Plus there might be some more Polish parties to attend.

• Like 3