British Speedway Forum

what if ???? Horton and Sandhu Want to go back ,but Brandon estates are preventing them doing so , and so negotiations have to continue to get Brandon estates to allow them back In . so no news means no successful negotiation yet ,but hopeful of a positive outcome in the future

you have just hit the nail on the head that is what is happening but try telling posters on here
  • Like 1

you have just hit the nail on the head that is what is happening but try telling posters on here

It was quite clear but some haven't seemed to grasp that a deal needs to be agreed first.

• Like 1

Given the events of the last 6 months would you want to do business with Horton and Sandhu.

You do realise it's Brandon Estates that's the reason for the position we are in? They didnt/don't want Sandhu operating at Brandon for whatever reason.

You do realise it's Brandon Estates that's the reason for the position we are in? They didnt/don't want Sandhu operating at Brandon for whatever reason.

Well that's that then

I`ll give the Bees four home meetings at Leicester and then if they`re not back home at Brandon it will be the end.

• Like 1

It is better for Brandon estates to let the stadium stand empty.If they let speedway and stox back in it will be harder to get planning permission so they just keep blocking every attempt for the two sports to get back

It is better for Brandon estates to let the stadium stand empty.If they let speedway and stox back in it will be harder to get planning permission so they just keep blocking every attempt for the two sports to get back

Have to agree,they will not want anything in the stadium for couple of years then planning be comes easier ,it's happened so many times in a range of sports.Horton and Sandu are probably in on it.Wide guys the both of them.

I'm pleased that the rather obscene post to my contribution has been removed from the Forum. My post was from the heart as a long standing supporter of the Bees and that contribution was exactly what I expected. To put it bluntly we are on course for Bees last season, no sponsorship, no season ticket money and very disillusioned supporters who have tried through the last 3/4 months to get some sort of indication about the future of our club. No information forthcoming, no official statement of intent, hope I am wrong unless Brandon Estates enter the discussions we are finished. NOTHING from them during the discussions and whilst it stays like that there is no future at Brandon. I don't see how the club can exist at Leicester hope I'm wrong but without the intervention of Brandon Estates it's the end.

• Like 1

Have to agree,they will not want anything in the stadium for couple of years then planning be comes easier ,it's happened so many times in a range of sports.Horton and Sandu are probably in on it.Wide guys the both of them.

Very much doubt Horton is.

I dont think that was their orignal plan as they were happy for Horton to carry on and in fact sponsor the club. That has probably changed now for the worse. There are many things that will block planning, Speedway and Stox still running wouldn't be top of the list. It's a bit of a risky strategy considering all of the hurdles in front of them, they could in a few years time have some land with a unused stadium and no chance of planning. A running stadium does give them an out so to speak. Edited by woz01

And someone sold to them!! That's where the fault lies!

And someone sold to them!! That's where the fault lies!

I agree upto a point. Not sure why he chose to sell it to them. Still wondering what happened to Bees being safe at Brandon till 2023 which was announced in 2013

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

I'm pleased that the rather obscene post to my contribution has been removed from the Forum. My post was from the heart as a long standing supporter of the Bees and that contribution was exactly what I expected. To put it bluntly we are on course for Bees last season, no sponsorship, no season ticket money and very disillusioned supporters who have tried through the last 3/4 months to get some sort of indication about the future of our club. No information forthcoming, no official statement of intent, hope I am wrong unless Brandon Estates enter the discussions we are finished. NOTHING from them during the discussions and whilst it stays like that there is no future at Brandon. I don't see how the club can exist at Leicester hope I'm wrong but without the intervention of Brandon Estates it's the end.

your not alone, ive said the same on the facebook page. yes i know Brandon is not a long term solution, but if we dont get back there by the summer then the club is indeed dead, very sad, wont be going to leicester until we get a return date, because its completely pointless. 40 summers up in smoke but we have been treated like dirt

• Like 2

Have you changed your mind about Sandhu being involved with Brandon Estates now? :unsure:

nope i was just suggesting that it may not be in horton and sandhu's power to give dates and times for a return , in fact trying to put a time frame on it /only leads to more speculation and rumour when things dont happen to estimated timeframes so better to say nothing than get slated because you tried to give people some bit of tentative info and it didn't happen

I agree upto a point. Not sure why he chose to sell it to them. Still wondering what happened to Bees being safe at Brandon till 2023 which was announced in 2013

somebody waved some money in front of his nose, and all that we are safe for the time being and I@m going to find the bees a new home was just a red herring to take supporters eye off the ball and it worked just fine

Edited by speedibee

Very much doubt Horton is.I dont think that was their orignal plan as they were happy for Horton to carry on and in fact sponsor the club. That has probably changed now for the worse. There are many things that will block planning, Speedway and Stox still running wouldn't be top of the list. It's a bit of a risky strategy considering all of the hurdles in front of them, they could in a few years time have some land with a unused stadium and no chance of planning. A running stadium does give them an out so to speak.

I don't think they have any chance of planning in the near future and with 6.000 + houses being built in the borough in the next five years on the old BT site which is vertualy a new town with schools etc.So they may have to sell and recoup some money on Brandon Edited by kingbee