British Speedway Forum

There is no easy solution that's why it has dragged on for several years ,a site was muted not far from Brandon but that application was turned down by Rugby BC.

With all the in fighting between the stox and Speedway now it's a divided cause as well .

The only solution would be for Sandhu and Horton to make up and be all kissy Kissy and Rugby BC to grow a pair and sort out a compromise deal at Brandon or find an alternative plot of land for Brandon Estates to develop leaving Brandon alone altogether.

If their is a political will to do this is the question ,more money in houses and council tax income I suppose.

Sandhu and horton will not happen, otherwise spot on..

If the speedway was supported like stock cars then I feel things would be different, it will be a sad day when Brandon closes.

If the speedway was supported like stock cars then I feel things would be different, it will be a sad day when Brandon closes.

It is mate, but clearly housing and council tax brings in a lot more than Speedway and Stocks.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Doesn't that lady with the dogs do Leicester and Coventry

Yes she does....and Peterborough on some Sunday's as well too because all these tracks allow dogs. :lol: I live in Leicester so only a few miles from Beaumont Park. Coventry is just 21 miles up.....or down?.......the M69 which we live near so an easy journey and Peterborough 41 miles but a horrible journey.

• Like 4

Yes she does....and Peterborough on some Sunday's as well too because all these tracks allow dogs. :lol: I live in Leicester so only a few miles from Beaumont Park. Coventry is just 21 miles up.....or down?.......the M69 which we live near so an easy journey and Peterborough 41 miles but a horrible journey.

We allow dogs as well Gem as im sure you know..

• Like 1

Don't think I'll ever get to Poole again but have many happy memories of holidays in Dorset. Lovely area.

You got a better solution then.

No niether do you by the sounds of it.

As ive said, have you got a better solution. Even your estiemed leader Neil Watson never posts on here now that must tell you a story.

All this has been in the pipeline now for several years. Yes very sad i know.

If Brandon gets flatterned the developers are only interested in one thing. I wonder what that is ?

Neil Watson was on here a few days ago referring SS to their pre-Christmas message on their website - that they would post something when there was any updated news!!

Negotiations are ongoing and are clearly 'delicate'. The slightest word or statement that might be taken more than one way could be like a red rag to a bull with the 2 protaganists (Sandhu and Horton) involved.

Any statement from Coventry Speedway will come with the agreement of Brandon Estates, I would imagine - and rightly so.

IMO anything else 'official' that has appeared in the public domain recently is simply one side attempting to flex their muscles via the media..

• Like 4

Don't think I'll ever get to Poole again but have many happy memories of holidays in Dorset. Lovely area.

Yep it is, we live here but we dont appreciate what we have, because we see it all the time.

Neil Watson was on here a few days ago referring SS to their pre-Christmas message on their website - that they would post something when there was any updated news!!

Negotiations are ongoing and are clearly 'delicate'. The slightest word or statement that might be taken more than one way could be like a red rag to a bull with the 2 protaganists (Sandhu and Horton) involved.

Any statement from Coventry Speedway will come with the agreement of Brandon Estates, I would imagine - and rightly so.

IMO anything else 'official' that has appeared in the public domain recently is simply one side attempting to flex their muscles via the media..

Im talking him posting generally like he used to. Perhaps he feels obliged not to..

With ten weeks roughly til the start of the season and no one seeming to be in the seat to get things put right at Brandon or pay for it to be upto standard by then, surely the best and possibly the only option would be to ride at Beaumont Park, Leicester either as the sole team or alongside the Leicester Lions.

Years ago Cradley Heath had to move for one season to Stoke under different circumstances. This was a much longer journey than Coventry to Leicester but it did give them another twelve months of life. Surely moving to Leicester is the only option available at the moment so if this is the only or most viable option then announce it and in the mean time sort out Brandon in the next few months.

Good Luck to Coventry for 2017 and onwards.

........Starman2006........Yep it is, we live here but we dont appreciate what we have, because we see it all the time.

Those damn Grockles in the Summer months can be a bit of a pain in the neck too. :)

• Like 3

Even your estiemed leader Neil Watson never posts on here now that must tell you a story.

Yes he does, post quoted below from 4 days ago.

There is nothing that can be said right now that much is obvious.

Steve, please refer to our Press Release of 23rd December www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3798

Edited to add another post by Steve.....

There is no easy solution that's why it has dragged on for several years ,a site was muted not far from Brandon but that application was turned down by Rugby BC.

With all the in fighting between the stox and Speedway now it's a divided cause as well .

The only solution would be for Sandhu and Horton to make up and be all kissy Kissy and Rugby BC to grow a pair and sort out a compromise deal at Brandon or find an alternative plot of land for Brandon Estates to develop leaving Brandon alone altogether.

If their is a political will to do this is the question ,more money in houses and council tax income I suppose.

There was no application, the council advised that an application would likely fail.

This is pretty much spot on I think.

With ten weeks roughly til the start of the season and no one seeming to be in the seat to get things put right at Brandon or pay for it to be upto standard by then, surely the best and possibly the only option would be to ride at Beaumont Park, Leicester either as the sole team or alongside the Leicester Lions.

Years ago Cradley Heath had to move for one season to Stoke under different circumstances. This was a much longer journey than Coventry to Leicester but it did give them another twelve months of life. Surely moving to Leicester is the only option available at the moment so if this is the only or most viable option then announce it and in the mean time sort out Brandon in the next few months.

Good Luck to Coventry for 2017 and onwards.

A move to Leicester would only work if fans were fairly convinced it would only be for a year and that we would be racing in Coventry the following season. Otherwise what's the point?

Edited by woz01

Those damn Grockles in the Summer months can be a bit of a pain in the neck too. :)

Just like some of the locals the rest of the year :wink: