British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Tai only does what suits Tai

Let no-one think his move back to Monmore Green is for anyone but himself

One selfish git

• Like 5

It would seem something has not gone his way again, so its toys out of pram time!!

It would seem that after asking for the dates of the British Semis to be moved, asking for help with the organisation of the Team for the World cup, asking about training schools, trying to put a 4 year plan in place, that maybe just maybe he is fed up of the lack of support

Toys out of his pram again.

At least he can try and make use of his Australian flag tattooed to his back now and try and ride for team aus

A typical daft statement when not understanding all the facts

Sounds like the actions of a spoiled child who can't get his own way........don't let the door smack your arse on the way out

Ooh and up you pop knew you couldnt resist

Well at least we will have a GB team that are true to there roots - woffy opted out of the Pre season practice in Croatia he opted out of the British Final and opted out of a pre World Cup practice on the Monday so not very committed anyway to GB

and then we have the comedy post of the thread.

DIDNT opt out the British Final (your obviously someone who is clueless about the real reason)

There was NO PRACTICE arranged for Team GB (oops again someone who shows no intellect regarding the sport)

I can only laugh at the same old haters on here who wouldn't hear a word said against Scott Nicholls refusing to ride for GB for years.....

Exactly!

Mate its the same old bunch of losers who cant wait for any old excuse to have a go at Tai.

The tweet could have been worded better but his reasons are clear, a massive lack of support form the authorities

What amazes me is there are still some mindless brainless fools who think he missed the British Final and that there was some sort of practice for the World Cup on the Monday before!!

Why? Has the Joker quit as well?

No, but you wont get a direct seed to it for a few years...

Tai only does what suits Tai

Let no-one think his move back to Monmore Green is for anyone but himself

One selfish git

What and you dont think every rider is the same lol

Pathetic post.

Only 2 of the current top 10 in the world ride over here! They do that because it suits them!!

Why towards the end of most seasons do some of the big boys come back here to ride?? Is it the love of the team they are going to ride for or is it to keep fresh doing more meetings?

Im sure Hancock didnt ride for Poole because he loved the club!!!

Tais team in Sweden mised the play offs. He is challenging for the world crwon so more meetings helps him so yes ultimatly he is doing it for himself!!

Strange post

• Like 2

did he need any of the practise sessions. ???? he dropped one point !!!

he also paid all his own expenses which of course he was well within his rights to claim.. he also paid for training sessions for TeamGB out of his won pocket..

how much more dedicated does he need to be.. the powere up top have obviously taken him for a ride and done something to irritate him so much he has decided to quit..

and you know what i like the guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and says it how it is instead of a polished off press statement where its all politcally correct etc..

he is our countries top asset and people saying see you later cant really want us to do anything in this sport.. he has a lot to give and the top brass seem to be saying i cant be arsed with you... such a shame

Sorry, but how exactly is he an asset to this (speedway) country?

if he wasnt riding for us would we have won silver in the SWC.. he is wanting to advance the riders in this country and is wanting to do far more than any other rider for the youth of this country..

tell me how he isnt.. ??

How can you say he wants to do more for his country than any other rider? Do you know what they all think? He has the highest profile but that doesn't give him the monopoly of ambition for Team GB.

• Like 3

There wasn't a Monday practice.

A practice is an official session organised in advance.

there was a gb practice on the Monday

I agree we need the full facts before anyone, those defending him and those being critical, can make an informed judgement.

Whether we shall ever get the full facts from both sides is another matter.

I must admit I am surprised both by his decision and the cryptic tweet. Does he really expect fans, other than those who will blindly believe he must be justified in his actions, to understand what has happened to cause him to abandon his country of birth? It must be something he considers really serious and important but what? You can't make that sort of statement and then back away.

Riders like Cook and I am sure others, already have a fitness programme. The BSPA are supportive of the Poultec programme, Belle Vue are setting up their academy and we have all the work being done with the Young Lions,so it is certainly not as if nothing is being done to nurture new talent and become more professional. Could it simply be that it is not being done his way? I don't know.

• Like 5

did he need any of the practise sessions. ???? he dropped one point !!!

he also paid all his own expenses which of course he was well within his rights to claim.. he also paid for training sessions for TeamGB out of his won pocket..

how much more dedicated does he need to be.. the powere up top have obviously taken him for a ride and done something to irritate him so much he has decided to quit..

and you know what i like the guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and says it how it is instead of a polished off press statement where its all politcally correct etc..

he is our countries top asset and people saying see you later cant really want us to do anything in this sport.. he has a lot to give and the top brass seem to be saying i cant be arsed with you... such a shame

your missing the point the World Cup final was in the UK the first time in 10 years no I guess he didn't need a practice but he still should have been there on the Monday same as Lambert should have been there -

no there wasnt there was a chance for the guys to have a blast around the track to test some engines it wasnt an official practise..

How can you say he wants to do more for his country than any other rider? Do you know what they all think? He has the highest profile but that doesn't give him the monopoly of ambition for Team GB.

tell me another rider who provided fitness training for the team.. out of his won pocket.. who didnt take any expenses for the team. .. and had a 4 year plan to progress the youngsters in this country ???

No there wasn't.

Belle Vue offered the track to GB riders at late notice for those who could make it.

If you are going to try and debate something, at least educate yourself on the facts.

As nothing had been arranged, Tai had already arranged something at his own expense.

Net result, he was brilliant and helped us to win silver.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 9

No there wasn't.

Belle Vue offered the track to GB riders at late notice for those who could make it.

If you are going to try and debate something, at least educate yourself on the facts.

As nothing had been arranged, Tai had already arranged something at his own expense.

Net result, he was brilliant and helped us to win silver.

oh so not a practice mmm well guess it was playing tiddly winks in the car park then - call it what you like SOME of the TEAM had a ride a skid a testing session on the track some including myself just might call it a practice. But I guess I'm wrong on that one
  • Like 1

oh so not a practice mmm well guess it was playing tiddly winks in the car park then - call it what you like SOME of the TEAM had a ride a skid a testing session on the track some including myself just might call it a practice. But I guess I'm wrong on that one

Call it what you want it was organised long after Tai had organised practice for himself elsewhere, why should he cancel his other plans when he has paid for them and transported bikes etc to attend something organised on a whim

• Like 3

Yet again the buck seems to stop at the BSPA front door.

Even if there was lip service comments made in the speedway star the other week that the BSPA would back him.

Massive steps forward to claim a silver medal in the world cup then come back to britain to ride until end of the season, and now this, so so sad for our sport one step forward and a hundred back.

Edited by penchev