British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

Coventry V Lakeside/lakeside V Coventry 19th & 20th August

Lakeside head to Brandon tomorrow in an important away meeting that could help consolidate their play-off place ambitions.

Coventry have Michael Palm Toft replacing KK - not too sure if this will help or hinder The Bees if I'm honest. KK is inconsistency personified whereas Palm Toft is generally a very useful rider.

Lakeside are at full strength with the inclusion of Kennett (albeit some may deem that to be a contradiction in terms).

However, we witnessed against Swindon how Coventry can gel and deliver as a unit; coupled with Lakeside's generally dire away performances, it's certainly not an easy meeting to predict.

My gut feel is that we may nick a point. However, we've got (in my opinion) the two weakest reserves in the league; and we've seen this year just how instrumental the riders at 6 & 7 can influence final results.

The return leg, at home, should be a Lakeside win.

Thoughts?

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Lakeside head to Brandon tomorrow in an important away meeting that could help consolidate their play-off place ambitions.

Coventry have Michael Palm Toft replacing KK - not too sure if this will help or hinder The Bees if I'm honest. KK is inconsistency personified whereas Palm Toft is generally a very useful rider.

Lakeside are at full strength with the inclusion of Kennett (albeit some may deem that to be a contradiction in terms).

However, we witnessed against Swindon how Coventry can gel and deliver as a unit; coupled with Lakeside's generally dire away performances, it's certainly not an easy meeting to predict.

My gut feel is that we may nick a point. However, we've got (in my opinion) the two weakest reserves in the league; and we've seen this year just how instrumental the riders at 6 & 7 can influence final results.

Thoughts?

KK has had a consistant season and is several levels above MPT.

• Like 1

KK has had a consistant season and is several levels above MPT.

With recent returns ranging from 8, 11, 6, 13 & 1.

You've got a strange interpretation of the word 'consistent'!

Thoughts?

Surely this is a wind up post?

Kaspazak is miles ahead of MPT and on his day can beat anyone. MPT is nowhere near a number one. Anybody who doesn't think this this weakens Coventry is mad.

With recent returns ranging from 8, 11, 6, 13 & 1.

You've got a strange interpretation of the word 'consistent'!

Can you honestly see MPT scoring anywhere near 8 or above riding at number 1?

Kaspazak's last 8 scores have been:

13, 1, 13, 13, 13, 6, 11, 8

Edited by mdmc82

Just to clarify that I was not for one moment suggesting that Palm Toft is in the class of KK. What I was alluding to is that KK is inconsistent; and that Palm Toft is a good, developing rider. No doubt that it weakens Coventry.

That said, you are riding against Lakeside. As someone recently said, we are (as visitors) the new Eastbourne. Despite the travel sickness pills prescribed by our 'motivational team coach' Mr Tatum, results clearly show that we are generally whipping boys outside of Arena.

Palm Toft has had some decent meetings at Brandon. Might be able to get a few points but we will need the rest to step up to make up the points.

Can't see it going ahead though, weather looks horrific tomorrow.

Edited by woz01

The weather tomorrow is dire from breakfast until dinnertime, then it improves afternoon/evening.. So a well tyre packed track should fend off waterlogging if it runs off track down the banking and down the drains..

Typical though isn't it? We've had some nice weather recently and no damn Elite League racing, and now the fixtures go into overdrive, the poor weather returns with a vengeance!!!

Heavy rain most of the day and meant to stop around 5pm, can't see this one going ahead

How often do teams ever go to Lakeside with a full septet of their own riders?

Joh Cook has been quoted as saying he isn't in favour of six man teams yet most weeks at Lakeside it appears he is lucky if teams can cobble together six of their own riders..

Cannot help him in drawing a crowd when 'select' teams come to town far too often. And from what I remember from working 'darn sarf' near (ish) to Lakeside they did more than most to get the message out there..

Might not help him in drawing a crowd Mikebv but it helps them get the wins.

Weather forecast is now heavy rain until 4pm and then sunny after that. The weather has been sunny and dry for a while so can take so much but not if very heavy for that long

The Brandon track has been prepared with rain in mind, we intend the meeting to go ahead as scheduled.

• Like 1

The Brandon track has been prepared with rain in mind, we intend the meeting to go ahead as scheduled.

Brilliant news. Even without KK this should be a good meeting.

Best of luck with a crowd then. Have the speakers been fixed yet?

Hope they turn the volume down its to loud in the main stand