British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

OK - 52 -38

I'm being serious - we will easily beat Somerset @home. You tell me where that Somerset team is going to outrace us at Ashfield?

1. Close

2. No Chance

3.No.

4. No

5. No

6. No

7. We'll see

Rebels win 46-44

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. No

5. Yes

6. No

7. Big Yes

young dan was surely putting himself in the shop window today think of a number and double it for him next season .

Dan will be staying north of the boarder next season. But for which team ;)

• Like 4

Well, well, well. Money can't buy everything :D

One meeting that is all it was we will be there at the business end off thing's but can we can beat Somerset over two legs doubtful but i have a sneaky feeling we shall bounce back so don't you worry yourself.

I also have a feeling Newcastle will have a big say on who wins the play off's every possibility they can go on and win it themselves.

Dan will be staying north of the boarder next season. But for which team ;)

Dave Gordon really enjoyed the hospitality at Glasgow today so i have been told ;) .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Just reading Stewart's comments regarding the tractor grade after heat 10 admitting it killed all momentum why does someone not reel in the big guy in the green tractor then, it is the same every week he goes round continuously without a care in the world.

And to top it off he punctures the air fence at bend 2 to compound his unwillingness to leave the track in the past the referee has had to insist he leaves as he seems to be oblivious to anything other than him. the time he is on track is not needed someone needs to have a word and have no more than 5 laps instead off the 20 - 30 he is usually doing.

I've not read the article yet but the guy in the tractor always follows instructions from Stewart.

• Like 1

I've not read the article yet but the guy in the tractor always follows instructions from Stewart.

Looks like he took it upon himself today then to decide how long he was out, it really needs to be toned down though seriously that would drive fan's new and old away week after week off tractor racing.

You could hear the grumbles from the dis-believing fans after lap 20 today that should hopefully tell him something.

• Like 1

One meeting that is all it was we will be there at the business end off thing's but can we can beat Somerset over two legs doubtful but i have a sneaky feeling we shall bounce back so don't you worry yourself.

I also have a feeling Newcastle will have a big say on who wins the play off's every possibility they can go on and win it themselves.

Dave Gordon really enjoyed the hospitality at Glasgow today so i have been told ;) .

I'm sure he did. ;) it will only be a loan though.

• Like 1

exactly. I don't follow Stewarts comments or is this his way of admitting he got it wrong. he's a co-promoter, team manager and track curator. Theres no way the tractor driver ignored Stewart. Also what was the clerk of the course doing and referee? thought they were in charge of the meeting. That's two weeks now that its been over the top. rant over

• Like 3

exactly. I don't follow Stewarts comments or is this his way of admitting he got it wrong. he's a co-promoter, team manager and track curator. Theres no way the tractor driver ignored Stewart. Also what was the clerk of the course doing and referee? thought they were in charge of the meeting. That's two weeks now that its been over the top. rant over

I'll be honest I was shocked to hear the tractor punctured the air fence and then I couldn't believe they were still going round after it was repaired. Surely there was sufficient time when it was being repaired to grade the track?!

I also seen the security guy at the gate (who was the same guy that shouted up to Stewart last week to ask how many more laps the tractor should do - 5 was the answer that time) instruct both tractor drivers to do one more lap.

Just reading Stewart's comments regarding the tractor grade after heat 10 admitting it killed all momentum why does someone not reel in the big guy in the green tractor then, it is the same every week he goes round continuously without a care in the world.

And to top it off he punctures the air fence at bend 2 to compound his unwillingness to leave the track in the past the referee has had to insist he leaves as he seems to be oblivious to anything other than him. the time he is on track is not needed someone needs to have a word and have no more than 5 laps instead off the 20 - 30 he is usually doing.

I was assured by one of the track staff that they knew what they were doing. :o:neutral:

I wonder and the Belle Vue promoter was in attendance today with Gordon Pairman not that i am implying anything ;) .

Watch this space, as they say. ;)

Edited by tyretrax

I was assured by one of the track staff that they knew what they were doing. :o:neutral:

Watch this space, as they say. ;)

I am sure you felt reassured or maybe not, wouldn't bear thinking about if the tractor boy didn't know what was doing.

We would probably still be there waiting for Heat 1 with the Tractor boy sticking his middle finger up at the referees box every lap

Well they have been doing it for five years.

Felt like they were on the track for 5 years in one go today.

Somerset were electric out of the gate and deserved the win, over two legs ,I can't see anyone beating the rebels tbh, however I sincerely believe that the rebels would not have won today without the guests, Dan Bewley was sensational and Zach would certainly not have scored 13 points, Jake may have got about 7 or 8 . Congratulations to the rebels it was an enjoyable meeting

Spot on, the Rebels were quicker out the traps today nearly every heat.

Young Dan has matured beyond recognition from the rider we've seen on other occasions at Ashfield this season.

He really was as good as everyone says.

Well done to the Rebels today, fully deserved the win.

We can have no excuses.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 4