British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

High Noon. Belle Vue V Poole Ela. 29/08/16.

But they may have made but not announced them.

They would have to have declared the team by 28th though wouldn't they so wouldn't they have had to ride today?

Excellent Speedway again at the NSS....

Two teams made up of their own riders, no guests, and lots of high speed close exciting racing on a track that, although understandably given the weather, was very slick, still afforded those behind opportunities to pass..

Not many tracks deliver such individual score cards with so many zeroes and threes I would suggest..

Quite simply every race you come to the tapes in you have a real chance of victory even if you have had a bad meeting till then, and vice versa you can be having a great meeting and very easily run a last such is the fairness of the circuit..

Should be a great play off final if both can get there...

Looks like that No1 spot is definitely worth having to avoid Wolves I would think...

Speedway when done well is a truly great sporting spectacle..

They should try and do more of it this way..😮

Edit: Scrap that last line, normal service bas been resumed...

Just heard Max is riding FOR POOLE tonight now...!

British Speedway! Ha Ha Ha! Brilliant!!!

Truly today the sport goes from the sublime to the ridiculous in just a few short hours...😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

just waiting to see the shocked faces when we bring Piotr Pawlicki in for the injured Sam Masters (average fits and a Wolves asset!). :wink:

Poole will surely be looking to replace Buckzowski with someone like THJ or maybe persuade Madsen back?

More likely to get Tom P Madsen :wink:

• Like 1

just waiting to see the shocked faces when we bring Piotr Pawlicki in for the injured Sam Masters (average fits and a Wolves asset!). :wink:

Quickly approaching a dream team if we did that !

• Like 1

So who would Max be replacing - as I don't recall reading that any of the Poole riders were injured earlier?

Apparantly i heard holder has a migraine???

So i hope this is simple enough for you lot to understand, WHY CAN YOU NOT PAY AT THE TURNSYLES. answers on a postcard.. :icon_smile_clown:

You already know that you can't, so just admit you read Rob's post wrong and offer some sort of apology.

So who would Max be replacing - as I don't recall reading that any of the Poole riders were injured earlier?

Holder has a 'tooth' ache........ and to think some riders have rode with broken bones before......

None. Came down to just two heats, 2 and 7 in the first half of the meeting. Better team in second half but damage done. Bv better team first half while poole getting used to track. Poole threw away quite a few places due to no track knowledge.

Fair play to them.

Heats 8 through to 15 were all shared heats, so how you were the better team in the second half confuses me.

• Like 1

None. Came down to just two heats, 2 and 7 in the first half of the meeting. Better team in second half but damage done. Bv better team first half while poole getting used to track. Poole threw away quite a few places due to no track knowledge.

Fair play to them.

Come on Steve your team scoring 0 in eleven heats was why you lost the meeting.Six of them in the last 8 heats.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Not an unexpected results and Poole still firm favourites for the title. Only lost by 8 today and you would have to think they would turn that round easily at home. Away from home Ellis and Kurtz struggle to score more than 6 and Buck is totally out of sorts. The reserves aren't as potent as earlier in the season. But it goes to show that even when struggling Poole keep things close. Nothing changes still Pooles league to lose

How many did the Aces get through the turnsyles

• Like 2

How many did the Aces get through the turnsyles

😂

I'd say about 2800 today...

The turnsyles were clicking well but maybe more clicks may have been expected?

Not much (if any at all?) advertising locally and to be honest "all expense spared" it appeared when it came to presentation...

Still, lots of Smiths/Morrissey songs played to keep me happy...

(Or miserable)...😉

As for Max guesting tonight for Poole? Surely 'that joke isn't funny anymore?"😠

Hope he scores nil, stays safe, Leicester win and their turnsyles spin merrily around with lots of use....

Edited by mikebv