British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Coventry V Lakeside 26th August

I get what you are saying although I personally like the SEC and think it's the 2nd biggest series after the GP. Why shouldn't Kaspazak want to be Europeon champion as he's not in the GP this year.

The point is Kaspazak has shown more commitment this year than any of the past ones. Remember the days when he rode for Poole and he had those "back problems" that meant he missed meetings for them but still rode abroad. Did we ever think we would see the day he missed a GP practice for British speedway? Not many do. NKI didn't even ride on Thur to rest himself for the GP on sat so King's Lynn had no facility. KK even flew over after a close family members funeral to ride for us.

KK this year has been a proper number one this year and has been a joy to watch. He would definitely be the 2nd name on my teamsheet for next year

Fair points well made and, as posted earlier, not having a pop at the rider but just thought the exalted praise a little OTT. KK competing in the Euros means Coventry have ridden EL away matches with Ashley Morris and Rob Branford and, much as I like both riders, at this stage of their careers they're not EL No.1s.

• Like 1

Some decent racing ,a few not so good but as ever good value for the entrance fee.

The 2 bash street kids road really well josh has really improved recently and rode a lot more level headed with no steam out of his ear moments.He seems to have weighed up the racing lines really well now at Brandon.

Jason was quality as well really pleased they are both riding for us.

Special mention to KK who team rode Jason in one race to perfection ,reminded me of an Olsen /Molyneux ride back in the day.

Two pastings at home and we are now over the current team building limit who would have thought that possible in May.

Best wishes to Sam Bebee

• Like 1

I'm sure that adds up to 16, well it did when I went to school anyway.

True, but when giving riders scores it's usually the total from 4/5 rides or whatever, plus the bonus points, so in my programme it was 14 + 2 not 16, so the two previous posters are correct.

.......Steve Shovlar......... He would be a far better rider if he didn't overlock and hang himself off it in untidy angles.

Those spectacular 'untidy angles' as you call them made for some terrific passes on the second bend last night so I'd rather he rides how he does now thank you.

• Like 1

Gavan has had his nose completely knocked out of joint by Ellis's dad so he will never, ever admit young Adam is better than the pair of them. Never in a month of sundays.

Lakeside just don't deserve to be in the playoffs. That team was just as bad as the team put out by Leicester at Poole this week.

Adam Ellis better than Jason Garrity lol

Ellis and Bates on a par. Internationally Bates has been better and Ellis in the league.

Oh and Adams dad didnt put my nose out of joint im a big boy im allowed opinions. He simply didnt like the fact that i thought Bates should be in the World Cup squad ahead of his son

The only person who's opinion matters is Rosco's and we all know who he picked for Team GB

let's face it if Adam rode for anyone else the debate would be null and void

Waste of a post Gavan, he's not even going to see it! 🙈 and Bates is not better than Ellis in the league! Lol.

Edit - from what I can see on each riders club websites Ellis is 7.63 and Bates is 5.24.

Edited by lisa-colette

Waste of a post Gavan, he's not even going to see it! and Bates is not better than Ellis in the league! Lol.

Edit - from what I can see on each riders club websites Ellis is 7.63 and Bates is 5.24.

So what i posted on another thread then Poole are favourites for the league,as their average is higher than Belle Vue's remember :D:wink:

So what i posted on another thread then Poole are favourites for the league,as their average is higher than Belle Vue's remember :D:wink:

Fine, if it means I win the Ellis/Bates debate then I agree Poole are favourites! ;):D

I get what you are saying although I personally like the SEC and think it's the 2nd biggest series after the GP. Why shouldn't Kaspazak want to be Europeon champion as he's not in the GP this year.

The point is Kaspazak has shown more commitment this year than any of the past ones. Remember the days when he rode for Poole and he had those "back problems" that meant he missed meetings for them but still rode abroad. Did we ever think we would see the day he missed a GP practice for British speedway? Not many do. NKI didn't even ride on Thur to rest himself for the GP on sat so King's Lynn had no facility. KK even flew over after a close family members funeral to ride for us.

KK this year has been a proper number one this year and has been a joy to watch. He would definitely be the 2nd name on my teamsheet for next year

☹️

KK has seemed like a dfferent person the last few years. I had quite a long chat with him last time he rode for Poole (which must have been 2013?) and it really struck me how different he was compared with how he used to be. He just seemed very relaxed and very polite, very pleasant to talk to.

He used to be under his fathers influence quite a bit but it's as if he has become his own man. Whatever the reason he is a much nicer person than the old KK, and I think a lot of people base their opinions on what he was like in the past. Overall he has certainly been a better servant of British Speedwáy than the majority of Poles.

• Like 2

The point is Kaspazak has shown more commitment this year than any of the past ones.

You may have a point which goes to show just how poor his commitment has been in the past when missing 4 matches needs some over the top plaudits.

AJ would have been best riding in this meeting and missing practice. Scored 0,0,0,0,0

Adam Ellis better than Jason Garrity lol

Ellis and Bates on a par. Internationally Bates has been better and Ellis in the league.

Oh and Adams dad didnt put my nose out of joint im a big boy im allowed opinions. He simply didnt like the fact that i thought Bates should be in the World Cup squad ahead of his son

Waste of a post Gavan, he's not even going to see it! and Bates is not better than Ellis in the league! Lol.

you need to read my post better Lisa. Clearly I've stated that internationally Bates has been better and then said Ellis has been better in the league.

you need to read my post better Lisa. Clearly I've stated that internationally Bates has been better and then said Ellis has been better in the league.

Oh yeah, lol! I read it twice as well! See it's easy to admit when you got something wrong! ;)