British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Plymouth V Somerset 27.8.16

Having hit 55+ in three of the four fixtures so far against the Devils I'm expecting another Rebels win again tonight. Priest covering for Zach.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Apparently according to a Devils fan tonight Somerset is a horrible track with only one line and no overtaking. At the same time stating Plymouth had more lines and more overtaking.

Well done Somerset. Both teams played their part in making it an entertaining meeting and there was certainly more lines and more overtaking than the previous night

For me Devils MOTM would have to be Stefan, 9+1 was a great return and he gives 100% every race.

Simota very disappointing after his excellent performance last week. Kurtz either had bike problems the last couple of weeks or has another agenda! Boxall, no comment. The team will be even worse off when he drops to reserve, unless he makes a dramatic improvement

Newmans off track antics a disgrace. Firstly sarcastically clapping the ref and then saying in an interview on the centre green that "the ref should retire". It wasnt a heat of the moment comment at the end of a race either, but whilst he was receiving the MOTM award. Not funny and not clever.

Well done Somerset. Both teams played their part in making it an entertaining meeting and there was certainly more lines and more overtaking than the previous night

For me Devils MOTM would have to be Stefan, 9+1 was a great return and he gives 100% every race.

Simota very disappointing after his excellent performance last week. Kurtz either had bike problems the last couple of weeks or has another agenda! Boxall, no comment. The team will be even worse off when he drops to reserve, unless he makes a dramatic improvement

Newmans off track antics a disgrace. Firstly sarcastically clapping the ref and then saying in an interview on the centre green that "the ref should retire". It wasnt a heat of the moment comment at the end of a race either, but whilst he was receiving the MOTM award. Not funny and not clever.

But true and correct
  • Like 2

WE move, with modesty, onwards !!! :t: Thank you Plymouth !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

! Boxall, no comment. The team will be even worse off when he drops to reserve, unless he makes a dramatic improvement

The sooner you drop Boxall the better. As for Kyle its his opinion mate. He's entitled to it. And yes I was there...Somerset deserved the win.

Apparently according to a Devils fan tonight Somerset is a horrible track with only one line and no overtaking. At the same time stating Plymouth had more lines and more overtaking.

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Wasn't funny him constantly running down the track and shouting this is what a real track is like and Somerset is boring, was very very tiresome in the end

2 completely different tracks somerset are superb atm but i do feel that knowing the set up and how the ota changes during the meeting and how it gets graded and watered to suit the home team does give them a huge home advantage maybe other teams should take a leaf out of thier book.

That said i wouldnt want to watch the racing at the ota every week once a season is enough for me personally. Really enjoy the intimacy of our track close fast racing very rarely see a bad meeting even if we do see some bad results. I think the rebels hometrack dominance could well see them win the playoffs but glasgow will have my support!

Wasn't funny him constantly running down the track and shouting this is what a real track is like and Somerset is boring, was very very tiresome in the end

They're a funny breed down Plymouth. He was half right though as Plymouth is a fantastic little track and much like Newport used to be for me, a great track to visit as an away supporter and I just hope they don't go the same way Newport did.

Another great win for the Rebels, Tungate is literally on fireeeee!

Tungate is at the top of his game and riding brilliantly if he gets injured or goes off the boil he would be a massive loss

• Like 1

But true and correct

Perhaps you can enlighten us then?

The only contentious issue for me was when Starke went down, Wright was already on his way down totally independently of each other. Both should have been excluded.

No one has even mentioned the alarming Luke Priest crash. Frightening to watch as he clouted the fence by the start/finish line, only to somersault so high that if it had happened a few yards back, he would have broken the tapes with his legs. After all he has been through, I hope he is ok today, although Id imagine very battered and bruised. Good on him for walking away let alone riding again.

• Like 1

Boxalls no Brady Kurtz but he's come in three quarters into the season on sub standard equipment and had a nasty fall Friday might at the ota and another last night so he not going to be a high scorer ,Todd Kurtz is seeing the end of his season nearing and probably not going to shell out money now, I saw both meetings and even though Friday was a cakewalk last night was a lot closer than I thought it would be.plymouth are lacking a number 1,hope boxall and Luke priest are ok
  • Like 1

Perhaps you can enlighten us then?

The only contentious issue for me was when Starke went down, Wright was already on his way down totally independently of each other. Both should have been excluded.

No one has even mentioned the alarming Luke Priest crash. Frightening to watch as he clouted the fence by the start/finish line, only to somersault so high that if it had happened a few yards back, he would have broken the tapes with his legs. After all he has been through, I hope he is ok today, although Id imagine very battered and bruised. Good on him for walking away let alone riding again.

I was to busy watching the riders goiing into turn one and didn't actually see it happen, very nasty so i was told.

Tungate is at the top of his game and riding brilliantly if he gets injured or goes off the boil he would be a massive loss

If only my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle. You could say that about any top rider heading into the play offs.

• Like 1

2 completely different tracks somerset are superb atm but i do feel that knowing the set up and how the ota changes during the meeting and how it gets graded and watered to suit the home team does give them a huge home advantage maybe other teams should take a leaf out of thier book.

That said i wouldnt want to watch the racing at the ota every week once a season is enough for me personally. Really enjoy the intimacy of our track close fast racing very rarely see a bad meeting even if we do see some bad results. I think the rebels hometrack dominance could well see them win the playoffs but glasgow will have my support!

Hometrack dominance, yet we have only lost once away Edited by Brummie Rebel
  • Like 1