British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Wolves - Swindon 29.8.16

A gorgeous day in the Black Country.

Took in some 'football' at Bilston in the afternoon - truly awful, and they charged me £5 for the privilege. Lovely metal cage in resplendent orange and the pitch looked like it had been prepared by the Poole track man as there was a nice hole in it. The Bilston manager was excellent. I don't think he used one word from the OED in the whole 90 mins.

On to the speedway and good to see a decent crowd, KL were truly abysmal. PUK looked the usual million dollars in heat one and showed great track craft to cut back in heat 15, but apart from that there was not a lot else to appease the neutral. Troy looks completely out of love with the game and I am not sure where he goes next.

Swindon were better and there were some reasonable Robins moments, particularly Doyle, who was imperious, Tungate who is rapidly moving in to my good books with Sedgy moving smartly the other way. However, Wolves were strong all the way through and never looked like losing despite Swindon keeping it tight to heat 10.

Highlight for me was Freddie's comedy effort in heat one as he had 2 attempts to bin in it overtaking the Sedgy before coming to grief at the third attempt.

Harris excellent and Clegg really impressed.

Wolves fully deserved their wins and have a team more than capable of challenging the top two. Poole in particular will be extremely vulnerable with their current line up.

Final word on the ref, absolute garbage. Let everything go at the tapes and decides to start issuing warnings in heat 29 of 30 - idiot. Haven't seen any footage re Tungate in 15 but looked extremely harsh.

There were a couple of brilliant moves, sadly Iversens turn back and Doyle's move out wide both happened on the first and second turn so don't count according to some wolves fan which really doesn't leave much else does it?

Ignoring your usual trolling attempts for a reaction, which sadly for you, everyone is ignoring now on every thread you make them.. i.e. you need new material.

However, the racing in the Swindon meeting was decent.. despite you claiming it 'doesn't leave much else'..

Heat 2, Howarth and Wright passed and repassed before Wright ran into the back off Howarth on the final lap.

Heat 3 Harris gates last, passes both Swindon riders into turn 3

Heat 5 Karlsson passed Clegg turn 3 lap 1, Sedgman briefly repassed Clegg who went back around him.

Heat 7 Tungate gates, harris chases him and passes lap two

Heat 8 Another good scrap between Howarth and Wright

Heat 9 Tungate gates, Clegg moves by him. Tungate passes lap 3

Heat 11 Excellent team riding from Lindgren with Josh G all over the back of him and PK

Heat 12 Wolves on a 5-1 till Wright passes Howarth on lap 4

So yeah.. doesn't leave much else.

Not a classic meeting, but most certainly not a bad one.

The first one was not so good but still passing in Heats 3,4,5 (passing and repassing in that one), 6, 7, 11, 13,14 and 15

9 out of 15 races with passing for a meeting described as awful by some.

• Like 1

Lol!

Passing riders who are struggling to stay on is great isn't it? Almost every 'pass' you've described happened while another rider was wobbling or tentatively just getting round.

Even world class riders were all over the place it was complete bilge compared to the heats from Belle Vue, even the ones they didn't show were better than any of the 30 races on Monday.

This thread is Wolves v Swindon.

If you wish to discuss Belle Vue v Poole, there is a thread for it.

You've made stuff up again, been found out and now you'll likely try and spend the next twenty pages talking inane drivel in an attempt to dig your way out of the latest hole you've made for yourself.

Go ahead, I have nothing further to add, there was plenty of passing, much of it nothing to do with 'wobbling'.

• Like 2

Lol!

So you have already referred to another of Monday's televised races but because the races from Belle Vue were better they can't be referred to.

Made what up?

Watching world class riders have big tank slappers, bucking and rearing and at times actually looking like novices is awful. I'm sorry you don't like wobbling as a euphamism for riders struggling with a crap track. Being passed only because another rider does less wobbling is a rubbish (with a capital S) excuse for speedway.

Can't believe you missed out heat 1 when you were describing the passing so here what do you think of this.

Heat 1 outstanding pass by karlsson and sedgmen of the wobbling tank slapping lingren, absolute comedy riding by the swede but he brilliantly repassed sedgemen only for another ridiculous wobble and then the fun ended when he fell off. Track not at fault, Doyle described it as "really well prepared" after the race, just gormless riding by lindgren.

'proper speedway' ha ha!

Lets hope for plenty of wobbling from Belle Vue riders in the play offs

I'm pretty sure any 2017 Wolves (Lindgren & Throsell) were in average reduction mode in the Swindon meeting. Although Howarth's scoring has been a massive disappointment. If he feels he needs to learn smaller tracks why do it at Wolves & sign for Sheffield. Surely he would be better off scoring points at a track like Swindon or Coventry and learning to turn tight turns in the PL, Redcar or Rye House?

I'm pretty sure any 2017 Wolves (Lindgren & Throsell) were in average reduction mode in the Swindon meeting. Although Howarth's scoring has been a massive disappointment. If he feels he needs to learn smaller tracks why do it at Wolves & sign for Sheffield. Surely he would be better off scoring points at a track like Swindon or Coventry and learning to turn tight turns in the PL, Redcar or Rye House?

I don't think that was the case at all. Lindgren wouldn't be riding like a bucking bronco if he were just trying to reduce his average.

Thorssell often has great starts to a meeting and fades as they go on, a double header will only exaggerate that.

As for Howarth, surely his main money comes from the Premier League, therefore riding on a track he goes well at would be preferential, whilst trying to improve on small tracks as a fast track rider.

Tbh he has done about what I expected of him over the year.