British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Redcar Vs Ipswich Pl Friday 9th Sep

Bears were utter disgrace , the reserves were lucky to score 0 . Only Anderson & Skidmore deserved to be paid

Team with nothing to race for against a team with everything to race for. This score was always a possibility.

Any team with a high scoring number 1 and a high scoring reserve usually does well. King was simply unmatchable and Jacobs rode like he does for Belle Vue.

Redcar weren't good but on this performance the Witches will be a handful for anyone in the play offs.

• Like 3

... and Workington will end up on no more than +2 as they are not riding their home match v Redcar until October 1st, unless they now of course bring it forward!

Great performance lads. By my reckoning the real table now looks like this

Workington +5

Ipswich +4

And outside the play off positions

Sheffield +4 , but with poor points difference

Peterborough +3.

So in theory, we have to beat Newcastle at home, then match whatever Sheffield do at Rye when we go to Newcastle. Hopefully Rye will do the business, and a win on Thursday will seal it for us.

Just noticed Workington have 2 difficult home meetings to come, so still hope for the others to join Ippo in the play offs

One of the worst home performances I've seen from a Redcar or Middlesbrough team.

Well done to The Witches for doing what they had to do, which wasn't a lot (Danny King was a class apart from anything on the track)

Wooden spoon beckons yet again for the Bears and it's difficult to see how we move forward , given the dramatic fall in attendances and disharmony in and around the club

Team with nothing to race for against a team with everything to race for. This score was always a possibility.Any team with a high scoring number 1 and a high scoring reserve usually does well. King was simply unmatchable and Jacobs rode like he does for Belle Vue.Redcar weren't good but on this performance the Witches will be a handful for anyone in the play offs.

I would argue that the team had everything to play for, league position, team and individual pride, sense of responsibility to the paying public....not withstanding the fact that the promotors should be doing everything within their power to ensure they keep what support they still have , should they be serious about running a Premier league team next season.

You are being too kind and compassionate saying Redcar weren't good

• Like 1

One of the worst home performances I've seen from a Redcar or Middlesbrough team.

Well done to The Witches for doing what they had to do, which wasn't a lot (Danny King was a class apart from anything on the track)

Wooden spoon beckons yet again for the Bears and it's difficult to see how we move forward , given the dramatic fall in attendances and disharmony in and around the club

I would argue that the team had everything to play for, league position, team and individual pride, sense of responsibility to the paying public....not withstanding the fact that the promotors should be doing everything within their power to ensure they keep what support they still have , should they be serious about running a Premier league team next season.

You are being too kind and compassionate saying Redcar weren't good

I'd agree that there is always a reason to get stuck in. To be fair, I thought some of the Redcar boys did precisely that and to suggest that the score was about Redcar being poor undermines just how good Ipswich were.

They had to win that meeting by 4 points to make the play offs. That's huge motivation for a team to give it their best shot and I'm sure that you would expect a bit extra from your team in the same position.

The Witches are also a team very much in form. They battered Sheffield the other night, King is almost unbeatable and Jacobs is absolutely flying. As I said, they will be a real handful in the play offs.

I should add that that's probably the best meeting I have seen at Redcar all season. Shades of the old STMP, there.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

A real team effort from the 1 to 7 Steamroller that currently is the 2016 Ipswich Witches.

Redcar Bears just did not have a chance.

Enjoyable meeting as HT says and, whilst Danny is getting all the plaudits and JJ is pulling up trees in the PL and EL and Morten keeps getting big scores without you really noticing, I would like to pick out James Sargeant and Ben Barker as their efforts have been going unheralded and I do not think there is too much credit you can give BB for the team spirit that he has installed within the team. I was never a fan, sorry Ben, but you have totally won me over. Your demeanour both on and off track and in the pits is impeccable.

And the No. 7, whatever his name is, is coming along quite nicely too, and still doing it with a big smile on his face, even when picked on by a big bully like Huge Skidmark, lol.

Thanks to the ex skip for stepping in for Nico too. His Heat 12 with JJ sealed the deal last night. Always a pleasure Kevin.

• Like 1