British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Many apologies Dandelion. :)

I keep forgetting - the years fly by. :sad: :sad:

Don't apologize, I'm the one who just called you old xD

Don't apologize, I'm the one who just called you old xD

I know you didn't mean it in an insulting way though Dandelion. :t:

I just didn't realise how long ago 'Allo, 'allo was broadcast. :)

I know you didn't mean it in an insulting way though Dandelion. :t:

I just didn't realise how long ago 'Allo, 'allo was broadcast. :)

Of course not, I wouldn't insult you, or anyone who didn't deserve it :P

I've never even heard of it before

Does anyone know when the access from the turnstiles to the track will be reopened as I won't return to the track until this is?

As the alternative way through the bar or pits is no good for me!

Thanks for response in advance.

Does anyone know when the access from the turnstiles to the track will be reopened as I won't return to the track until this is?

As the alternative way through the bar or pits is no good for me!

Thanks for response in advance.

they said about 3 weeks I think,,, but it could take as long as it takes.

I do hope they hurry up, cos some of those 'bar folk' are encroaching on our 'grandstand places' :(

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

they said about 3 weeks I think,,, but it could take as long as it takes.

I do hope they hurry up, cos some of those 'bar folk' are encroaching on our 'grandstand places' :(

It was announced at that time though it was the upstairs bar this is the outside I am talking about?

It was announced at that time though it was the upstairs bar this is the outside I am talking about?

arr ok,,, a thought they were doing the toilets at the same time and thought they were just using that bit for their makeshift yard, sorry.

Yes, but since they are removing Asbestos from the ceiling I believe that is where the "airlock" entrance is and the workers decontamination area is so I suspect it will remain blocked off for the duration. They are, however, working 24 hours a day.

Well that's his GTR just went bang in heat 10

well one of them anyway. He used his GM's at Newcastle so maybe he thinks his GTR's are better suited to the bigger tracks and his GM's at home. Anyway it worked.

arr ok,,, a thought they were doing the toilets at the same time and thought they were just using that bit for their makeshift yard, sorry.

No idea mate watch and see what happens LOL.

No idea mate watch and see what happens LOL.

It could be longer than 1st thought, unfortunately. They are supposed to be working 24/7 but there was no-one working last night unlike the previous sunday. i did hear that there was an incident involving a contractor last monday and a live electric supply that was supposed to be cut off, and all work has stopped. There is, supposedly, a lot of very old wiring and that they don't know where it's plugged into so they need to investigate whats live and whats not. How true this all is I don't know. But there didn't appear to be anyone on site last night.

• Like 2

It could be longer than 1st thought, unfortunately. They are supposed to be working 24/7 but there was no-one working last night unlike the previous sunday. i did hear that there was an incident involving a contractor last monday and a live electric supply that was supposed to be cut off, and all work has stopped. There is, supposedly, a lot of very old wiring and that they don't know where it's plugged into so they need to investigate whats live and whats not. How true this all is I don't know. But there didn't appear to be anyone on site last night.

Yeah, it all came as a bit of a shock.

Yeah, it all came as a bit of a shock.

Haha...

Great to see that it is Steve and Robert representing us in the pairs :t: Nice to actually be using our top two riders, now all we need is Steve, Robert, Ludvig and Lewis to be available for the fours :)

• Like 1

According to speedway updates Ben Hopwood has broken his foot tonight riding for Kent Kings. he rode on ,however, and recorded a 4 ride paid max. (9+3). Hope it's not too serious after the adrenalin rush kicks out.

Haha...

Great to see that it is Steve and Robert representing us in the pairs :t:

that is good news, but av never seen it anywhere :(

According to speedway updates Ben Hopwood has broken his foot tonight riding for Kent Kings. he rode on ,however, and recorded a 4 ride paid max. (9+3). Hope it's not too serious after the adrenalin rush kicks out.

hope not either and, its not good news as Ben was actually starting to do ok, at home.

• Like 1

I thought Rene was our asset still? I hope we sign him too

i hope you sign rene .

nice wee loan fee for us sheep botherer,s

he may turn out to be the cafe/pub owner

he has been a wucky ass ett for a few years now .

best o luck in getting him .