British Speedway Forum

Right, someone who is in the know. What is the number 1 situation??? They must be a big name rider. If we get a number 1 around the 10.25 mark and below, we could get Starke at reserve with a two pointer. That becomes a very strong team. I know he is a Somerset rider but he did say in the echo few months ago he wanted to ride for Poole again. But someone speak the truth about Number 1 please.

You'll just have to be patient and see what happens.

I know I have said that we need more information from the club about signings. But we have never been big on news and potentially why we are so successful because we just get on with our job and build a winning team and that is just simply a process which we get on with it. Trust in Matt i guess is the message the club says.

But we do need one thing. A new website ours is just rubbish.

I know I have said that we need more information from the club about signings. But we have never been big on news and potentially why we are so successful because we just get on with our job and build a winning team and that is just simply a process which we get on with it. Trust in Matt i guess is the message the club says.

How boring. That's not what the fans want! The fans want rumours, stories, interviews, potential signings etc.

And the website is rubbish. 1 update a week (during the season!) and its usually just the results. Boring as it gets.

• Like 1

Mate think yourself lucky we have a website and a fans forum. Many clubs dont. As for team news, Matt will anounce it when he's ready as he always does.

The website is awful. Totally unacceptable in 2016 (going on 2017). I understand speedway isn't a multi-million pound sport etc, but even one-man (or woman) start-up businesses have better sites looking and functioning sites on free WordPress themes that cost very little to set up.

The sport is dying, yet this country's most successful club in the last 10-15 years sees no value in improving their digital presence, and embracing a younger, tech-savvy, mobile-first audience. <slow clap>

• Like 1

The website is awful. Totally unacceptable in 2016 (going on 2017). I understand speedway isn't a multi-million pound sport etc, but even one-man (or woman) start-up businesses have better sites looking and functioning sites on free WordPress themes that cost very little to set up.

The sport is dying, yet this country's most successful club in the last 10-15 years sees no value in improving their digital presence, and embracing a younger, tech-savvy, mobile-first audience. <slow clap>

I agree, ok it's speedway but it is still professional sport and we should have a website like Glasgow which is very easy to follow.

• Like 1

Mate think yourself lucky we have a website and a fans forum. Many clubs dont. As for team news, Matt will anounce it when he's ready as he always does.

Think ourselves lucky that we have a website and a forum? That's like a shopkeeper saying "Think yourself lucky we have a shop window". The local florist has a better website than we do. A website isn't a luxury, it's a necessity in modern day business.

I could knock up a better site for Poole Speedway in 24 hours. Guaranteed.

• Like 2

Interesting to see on the website that they have done team in alphabetical order suggesting that one of our riders will be between A and H for the surnames of riders. Any ideas????

@BurntFaceMan You could knock up a better site in about 4 hours. And even then about 75% of the work would be migrating content!!

It would take about 20 minutes if you took away the migrating content and reworking that low resolution logo! :lol:

Interesting to see on the website that they have done team in alphabetical order suggesting that one of our riders will be between A and H for the surnames of riders. Any ideas????

It's just shoddy web design, I wouldn't look too far into it.

I wish they would reverse their screens where they have white text on a black background, it may just be me but I find black text on a white background easier to read.

• Like 1

good guessing game here bridger for b

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm hopeful its in average order

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm hopeful its in average order

well it's one or the other we need another name after holder to confirm

POOLE ?

1 Hans Andersen 10.01

2 Leon Madsen 8.54

3 Brady Kurtz 7.65