British Speedway Forum

Matt doesn't cheat, he's just one step in front of everyone else, if he was running British speedway there's a good chance it wouldn't be in the mess it is now

*awaits responses with popcorn 🍿 at the ready* :D
  • Like 2

Funny isn't it how all of the success is down to Ford and the current problems entirely the fault of the riders but he's certainly not the only promoter who fails to see their own shortcomings.

• Like 2

Funny isn't it how all of the success is down to Ford and the current problems entirely the fault of the riders but he's certainly not the only promoter who fails to see their own shortcomings.

If the team looked bad on paper i would go along with what you're saying. But the team looked decent on paper, so not sure how it is MF's fault if they don't do it on track. That is Middlo/riders area.

Is that because the current Poole team riders are taking a bit longer to do 4 laps?!! ;)

I would answer that, but won't though fear of getting a ban... :nono:

Sorry to everyone for repeating this diatribe, but why could you not have been more objective and accepted that he has from time to time CHEATED and it is that, rather than jealousy, that annoys so many fans.

Thats what it boils down to Jealousy.. He does the job properly, not a half hearted atempt like most promotions.

Edited by Starman2006

So on one hand Pooles success is down to Matt Ford as a promoter not resting on his laurels and all other clubs would like a Matt Ford in charge he is the reason for Pooles championships.

Yet now the team is awful that's not Matt Fords fault it's the riders!!!!!

The sheer blinkered Poole fans are a joy to behold!

• Like 1

Great to see Kacper Woryna absolutely smoking Zmarzlik and Pawlicki in the Euro Pairs!! lol

Ooops sorry wrong thread - but I think I'll leave it on here anyway! :-)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Great to see Kacper Woryna absolutely smoking Zmarzlik and Pawlicki in the Euro Pairs!! lol

Ooops sorry wrong thread - but I think I'll leave it on here anyway! :-)

Not trying to make some kind of announcement are you? ;):D

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, love my speedway in spite of all the current problems! Started watching in the early 70's at Oxford then followed the team to White City. Always looked upon the Pirates as my second team, going to watch them whenever on holiday in that part of the world. When Oxford closed my nearest track was Swindon but I could not bring myself to support "the old enemy" (sorry Rosco!) So Poole it was, even though I live 105 miles away!

So on one hand Pooles success is down to Matt Ford as a promoter not resting on his laurels and all other clubs would like a Matt Ford in charge he is the reason for Pooles championships.

Yet now the team is awful that's not Matt Fords fault it's the riders!!!!!

The sheer blinkered Poole fans are a joy to behold!

Gavin I thought you would be following your own team tonight, they are riding, or would you rather talk about your beloved pirates

Gavin I thought you would be following your own team tonight, they are riding, or would you rather talk about your beloved pirates

He doesn't have a team mate he uses Ippo as an excuse for his team, even though he might go once a year..

If the team looked bad on paper i would go along with what you're saying. But the team looked decent on paper, so not sure how it is MF's fault if they don't do it on track. That is Middlo/riders area.

When he signs a rider who does better than his average, better than he looks on paper, Ford takes the credit. It follows that you accept the blame if you sign riders who perform worse than they appear on paper.

If you are in charge the buck stops with you and you accept the responsibility and publicly you accept the blame.

Edited by Aces51

i was at Ipswich thanks for your concern though.

I'm just wondering that when Poole have won the league Matt Ford ' knows what he is doing' yet this season it's the riders fault.

So it's good to know that if Middlo and Ford are not responsible this season then they obviously weren't when Poole won it either!!

If a football team is poor the manager goes as he is responsible for signing the players and motivating them

Yet somehow in all of this Middlo isn't at fault!! And who signed these riders??? Oh that will be Matt Ford!!!

He doesn't have a team mate he uses Ippo as an excuse for his team, even though he might go once a year..

5 times now this season including tonight plus I've recently been abroad......with my family.....I'm sure you could afford a holiday for one on the back of selling some comics....cretin
  • Like 2

Welcome Kacper Woryna!!!

Lots of rumours was going to be a HL but on his average from last season should be a power house.

Let's hope that BSPA dont change rules. And for anyone who doubts Matt's commitment he is still putting in money which is good to see. This should also help with Coventry raise some funds.