British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

How things have changed these past few months at Foxhall.

We may not have the best race track in the league and the racing at times has not been the best but there is a feelgood factor right now . What started as a bit of fun by a few of us on the back straight has started to spread around the track with i must say a lot of encouragement from our fantastic presenter Mr Kevin Long .

Kevin really took to our idea at the BSF MASSIF of creating a fun atmosphere and it must have rubbed off on the riders as the past few months as i can't fault their effort in the push into the play offs . As i have already said if you had said to even the most hardened Witches fans in July we would get into the play offs they would have asked you what you were taking and where can i buy some !.

I left last night feeling rather deflated but who wouldn't after watching your team get beat at home by what i will say again a very good Somerset side , but now after the last bit of dust has settled on the track (where was the water ?) i think its been a good season for the Witches .

We may not have won anything and some of the performances have left me wondering why did i bother but i can say i have enjoyed myself as have may girls ,and had some laughs and enjoyable visits to Foxhall the last 3-4 months with other people associated with the BSF MASSIF and i hope we continue what we started into next season .

Congratulations again to Somerset worthy winners and all the best of luck for the remainder of your season .

• Like 9

Sorry for the fabulously enthusiastic Ippo fans that you didn't get the performance or result that you wanted last night.

Surprised the track was dry and dusty after all the rain the past few days. Drainage must be incredible!!

Always a danger that one of your old riders might come back to bite you on the bum and that seems to have been the case with Tungate yesterday.

Surprised that the ex-Monarch Charles Wright did so well - he's always struggled at Foxholes when I've seen him there before.

Sorry I couldn't get along to cheer on the other ex-Monarch Rob (hence why he didn't do so well!!) but hopefully the Back Straight Foxholers did their usual good job keeping the atmosphere going.

Also sorry I couldn't dispense the commiserative Wagon Wheels - the arthritis in my hand has really flared up and I can't drive the car at the moment.

The Use By dates are the end of March 2017 so I suppose I might have to work my way through them since that's a bit too close to the start of next season.

Bummer!!

So congrats to the Rebs - if anyone can whop the Tiggers it's you.

(That's either the Weegie ones or the PL Select ones!!

• Like 3

Its all your fault Scotsman😉 - the (wagon) wheels literally and figuratively fell off last night.

All the best with your ailments over the winter and to you and your family.

See you next spring.

• Like 2

Cheers Mr. Taps.

Always felt that speedway should be a summer sport!!

So let's forget these early March and late October fixtures and get rid of the gaps in the summer months instead!!

I aim to be back in the spring so I look forward to the new back straight sound system, a roof on the back straight scaffolding, some lights pointed towards the speedway track and a continuation of the recent atmosphere.

Not too much to ask!! I'll settle for 3 out of 4.

Certainly far better atmosphere than at the Poshground or the concrete Dry House.

The track was awful tonight in my opinion. No line out wide and we have Covatti and Barker who tried to find the dirt and got nowhere. King tried it to attack Wright and got passed by Starke. Listening to the chat in the pits all Rohan and the Somerset boys did was set up the bikes to be quick away then they just couldnt be caught.

Well couldn't your riders have done the same?, would have made for an exciting first corner :wink:

As in the name of the song title I "Wasn't Expecting That". I really thought that Ipswich had truly hit form big time and that 16 points were there for the taking. It wouldn't have been easy but I believed that it might have been feasible. Didn't even follow the meeting on the updates and was more than pleasantly surprised that we had actually taken the win.

Beginning to run out of superlatives for this Rebels team, three away wins on the spin recently against Ipswich, Glasgow and Sheffield. My dislike of the rip offs defining the the title is well documented but I think if we can get over the line in the final, this Rebels team will go down as one of the finest ever. Keep the focus tonight lads and reward those marvellous fans and promotion with the League Cup.

I have got to agree with you wholeheartedly CB as we were never considered as a strong team at the start of the season but to get where we are now is just beyond belief. Thankfully we came through the bulk of the season relatively unscathed and have made some astute choices of guests lately. Just one or two final pushes and the history books could need updating.

Credit to all the Witches fans who are mostly gracious in defeat. It was really depressing reading the forum in the early half of the season with all the negative comments and pessimism about but what a difference the Massif / a change of reserve / a few months have made.

Hopefully the thrashings Ipswich have dealt Somerset with are now things of the past but we'll have to wait for 2017 to see about that.

• Like 4

Beginning to run out of superlatives for this Rebels team, three away wins on the spin recently against Ipswich, Glasgow and Sheffield. My dislike of the rip offs defining the the title is well documented but I think if we can get over the line in the final, this Rebels team will go down as one of the finest ever. Keep the focus tonight lads and reward those marvellous fans and promotion with the League Cup.

...Bet you don't mind the Play Offs after all eh Cliffeboy, just goes to show "if you're good enough...your good enough", well done Rebels, can't argue with that !

Just wanted to say, Unlucky Witches, gutted again at the last hurdle.

Have to say though, the atmosphere at Foxhole this Year has been SO much better, I've enjoyed watching the Team all Season. We really need to get these Reserves sorted though please for next Season CL ?? (Good reserves are imperitive for a successful season, why is it all the top teams pick the best options...money ?)

"The massif" really contributed to the feel, for Years it felt like we were the only ones shouting any encouragement, at last some support. Well done to Mr Presenter as well for getting on board with it. Still think we can take it alot further though in the stands though.

Dissapointing last match, but its been a great Season, thanks guys.

• Like 3

For some reason, the sound was much clearer last night...I could hear the times and the announcements. The only time I couldn't was when we were making too much noise which is as it should be.

• Like 2

. Listening to the chat in the pits all Rohan and the Somerset boys did was set up the bikes to be quick away then they just couldnt be caught.

No change there for Tungate then as he is the genuine def of a gating tart!

Tough result for the witches but it was a great effort by them to reach this far after a bad start to the season, fair play to them for sticking at it and turning their season around

...Bet you don't mind the Play Offs after all eh Cliffeboy, just goes to show "if you're good enough...your good enough", well done Rebels, can't argue with that !

Nah still dont like them.

Would love it if they changed it next season. I have nothing against a six team elite cup comp at the end of the season, but the best team over the season MUST be crowned Champs imo. Ippo were 20 points behind us going into this match, come on, and hit a bit of form recently, how could you call them champs if they had won the whole thing.Anyhoo i hear myself repeating the same old stuff again lol, so time to belt up I think...................did i hear you say hooray.

Well couldn't your riders have done the same?, would have made for an exciting first corner :wink:

They could but Sarg and Morten apart the rest of our boys arent exactly known for their trapping prowess but the track didnt play to the strengths of anyone who tried to find some grip