British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Nasty crash, happened right in front of us on the home straight after it appeared Danyons engine siezed. Get well soon Danyon & Josh.

Edited by Jason.C

Nasty crash, happened right in front of us on the home straight after it appeared Danyons engine siezed. Get well soon Danyon & Josh.

Unfortunately it seems you are correct http://www.ipswichwitches.co/story/hume-suffers-broken-arm

Poor lad get well soon. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Hume was the most important member of the side. We went big with the top 5 and using two 2 pointers but Hume in particular would have made that work as he was a steal on a 2 point average.

I genuinely can't see another 2 pointer out there so now the team in charge need a rethink IMO. We now have two riders to replace and the best bet now for me is go with a lower averaged rider than Nico in the 1-5 and somehow find a capable reserve on the points left?

Not going to be easy. Incredible that we never once got to see our original declared 1-7 take to the track which IMO had every chance in lifting silverware.

No luck whatsoever this year.

Edit: Ah I see you edited your post from last night Jason but you were spot on with the extend of the lads injuries.

Get well soon to both lads involved in last nights crash and of course Nico.

Edited by Arch Stanton

King 9.57

Heeps 5.07

Vissing 6.89

Newman 6.31

Schlein 7.17

Mountain 2.00

Wajknecht 2.63

Really hard replacing Covatti and Hume, almost impossible to get anywhere near what the pair would score.

Vissing isn't brilliant, but as a third heat leader, wouldn't be bad! Zac is probably the best rider around not in the championship at the moment.

Just to say absolutely gutted for Danyon last night. Myself and kyle have been impressed totally by the lad and was telling poole fans about him pre meeting, Kyle has been saying it's the best team spirit he's known, another cruel blow. All the best Danyon.

• Like 3

King 9.57

Heeps 5.07

Vissing 6.89

Newman 6.31

Schlein 7.17

Mountain 2.00

Wajknecht 2.63

Really hard replacing Covatti and Hume, almost impossible to get anywhere near what the pair would score.

Vissing isn't brilliant, but as a third heat leader, wouldn't be bad! Zac is probably the best rider around not in the championship at the moment.

Zach already rides on Thursdays for Swindon.

wont nico and danyons average change in may anyway??? would give us 12 points if they do

not automatically as neither have completed 4h 4a.

Would need dispensation from MC to have assessment made against rides from the 7 completed meeting to be used should we choose to redeclare.

To my knowledge this regulation has NEVER been invoked before.

I would say there is a strong case for Danyon as currently at 4.57 and even with 7 zero point rides in that 8th meeting his new average would be 3.81. Just shows how well he has performed.

MC can award a new average to rider who has not completed 4h 4a by May1st if the team us redeclaring.

The thing is they never have before in all the years the reg has been in place.

A few years Jesper Monberg had to be dropped out of the equation at Peterborough as at the time it was 6 at home and 6 away but because he had done 7h and 5 away BSPA ruled it out and he would have had to come in on a much higher average. Seemed harsh at the time but rules are there to be followed.

Short term pain for long term gain?

Can Sarjeant be signed to replace Covatti? Once hes got his new average of around 3.5/4 witches redeclare with Sarj and Mountain at reserve then whatever left fills the void at no.2

1. King

2. ???

3. Newman

4. Heeps

5. Schlein

6. Sarjeant

7. Mountain

What would be left any ideas? Would Stefan Nielsen fit or jacobs?

Or do you get Batch for Covatti and a new 2 pointer, if so who is available?

I was thinking the same re: Jacobs + Sarj.

Would give the side a better all round feel, although clearly not as strong as the one that started the season.

Hopefully Hume makes a swift & full recovery, it sounds like a really nasty injury :(

Sedgy should be your man.

Flies around Fox Holes!!

• Like 1