British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

What Was The Last Speedway Dvd/vhs You Watched?

Would love to see that 79 WTC final, nz speedway's finest hour.

If any consolation I was there and it was dramatic, if rather drawn out, meeting.

I felt that New Zealand were fortunate in the Qualifying Round at Reading as it had become very much of a lottery due to awful conditions but fully deserved their final win.

Just watched the last meeting at Wimbledon (not counting the latter days Junior matches held on a very different sized track) which featured teams from Wimbledon, Reading, Poole & Swindon. Unfortunately the weather was abysmal and the meeting had to be abandoned. John Davis, when interviewed, was very scathing of the GRA...too right too!

Just watched the 1983 British Final which i had it was a decent meeting and a 2016 Scunny WC semi final again!!! That meeting is one of the best meetings i have seen in a long while the Scunny track is superb.

Just watched the 1983 British Final which i had it was a decent meeting and a 2016 Scunny WC semi final again!!! That meeting is one of the best meetings i have seen in a long while the Scunny track is superb.

Do you mean the British semi-final from this year?

Rico on rerunDVD

Just because I miss the grin and the chats when ever I go in the pits now

I for one will never forget Lee

• Like 1

The last Videos of speedway I owned would be from the Guys that did Wimbledon & Arena Essex in the 1980's.

One would be a 4TT of Poole, Exeter & Eastbourne at Wimbledon. Wimbledon v Poole from around 1989 I think Wimbledon v Peterborough the same season. I also had Arena Essex v Poole. These were great quality but I leant them to someone but sadly they have now been lost

These were great quality but I leant them to someone but sadly they have now been lost.

That's so annoying. I hate lending things for that very reason, whether it's books or DVD's. I'm very possessive of things I own. :lol:

• Like 1

Yes great meeting.

I did the commentary on that one :) hope it was satisfactory.

I did the commentary on that one :) hope it was satisfactory.

Very good, the meeting was superb Kennett struggled that was surprising , Lambert ,Garrity,Auty,Bates, all great value.

Watched last night a Junior meeting from 1987 between Oxford and Hackney at Cowley featuring a young Mark Loram...in which Oxford's Jon Surman took him from the back! Brilliant!

The last Videos of speedway I owned would be from the Guys that did Wimbledon & Arena Essex in the 1980's.

One would be a 4TT of Poole, Exeter & Eastbourne at Wimbledon. Wimbledon v Poole from around 1989 I think Wimbledon v Peterborough the same season. I also had Arena Essex v Poole. These were great quality but I leant them to someone but sadly they have now been lost

Moral of the story, dont lend things to people you dont trust or are no longer in arm reach.

1. love to find the 1979 wtc qualifier from rain soaked Reading I was there and that was wet

Check out the Classic Speedway DVD site run by Jan Staechmann. I'm sure that he has a copy.

Last night watched a 1990 British League encounter between Coventry and Oxford at Brandon in which Oxford won in the last heat. Great stuff but can't stand that Colin Martin's commentary...babbling on constantly!

Edited by steve roberts