British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Eagles just announced signing of Josh Bailey

In place of injured Baseby?

Just seen on website change is for Baseby who is out for some time.

Eagles just announced signing of Josh Bailey

Good signing, and really pleased we've gone for a 'youngster' rather than someone from the older guard.

I have the warm coat but unless the hop flask has coffee in it, I have the drive home to consider.

I do know what you mean about the cold evenings, although the track is normally pretty good and after having no speedway for 5 months, I normally found the enthusiasm to go.

Another positive move I think.

See they have had to go for a double header on 9th Sept Lakeside and Mildenhall which was inevitable but I still don't understand why it was not the two Kent matches. They missed a trick there.

Having the IOW as a stand alone fixture is a mistake in my eyes. They would have been more of an attraction paired with a decent side in a double header.

Having the IOW as a stand alone fixture is a mistake in my eyes. They would have been more of an attraction paired with a decent side in a double header.

I guess the difference being that Lakeside, Mildenhall & Kent all wanted the meeting before the cut-off date. Whereas it doesn't matter to the Warriors.

I guess the difference being that Lakeside, Mildenhall & Kent all wanted the meeting before the cut-off date. Whereas it doesn't matter to the Warriors.

But it made no difference. Originally Sept 2nd was Lakeside and 9th was Mildenhall. Now they have moved Lakeside to the 9th and freed up the 2nd for IOW.

Very Strange, If not Kent then certainly I would have had IOW as second meeting on 9th after Mildenhall.

Both teams on the 9th will be anxious to beat us to get a top 4 spot, if we have an injury in the first match against Lakeside to a heatleader then we could be in real trouble against Mildenhall giving them the chance to steal a march over the other top four contenders. That potential advantage would be removed if IOW were second up.

But it made no difference. Originally Sept 2nd was Lakeside and 9th was Mildenhall. Now they have moved Lakeside to the 9th and freed up the 2nd for IOW.

Very Strange, If not Kent then certainly I would have had IOW as second meeting on 9th after Mildenhall.

Both teams on the 9th will be anxious to beat us to get a top 4 spot, if we have an injury in the first match against Lakeside to a heatleader then we could be in real trouble against Mildenhall giving them the chance to steal a march over the other top four contenders. That potential advantage would be removed if IOW were second up.

Fair enough. I didn't realise that.

All I can see is by moving the Lakeside from 2nd to 9th it means Eastbourne can use Wood. However Lakeside are missing Bowtell on both dates, so it doesn't benefit them. Equally Mildenhall wouldn't want the 2nd as they'd miss Mountain. It could've been Mildenhall and the Warriors on the 9th though I guess which would mean 2 full strength teams on the 9th but Eastbourne missing Wood against Lakeside. It looks to me like Eastbourne want a full strength team against the strongest opposition.

Edited by Islander15

Also Drew Kemp is guesting home and away at reserve against Kent this weekend :-)

This is interesting and I look forward to seeing this lad however I am surprised that Mildenhall have not blocked his appearance on Monday.

Saturday is a trophy match which will not count towards averages but Monday is the league. As they have already declared him as reserve for next season I thought they would preserve his average at 3.0 or do guest appearances not get taken into consideration?

Either way it will give the lad a chance to experience Arlington before he visits with Mildenhall.

Eastbourne have signed Josh Bailey following news that Mark Baseby could be out for the rest of the season.

Bailey started the year in the National League with the King’s Lynn Young Stars, who have withdrawn from the league.

IT First Eagles team manager, Connor Dugard, said:

“Base [Mark Baseby] called me today and the news wasn't what we wanted to hear, unfortunately.

“His cast isn't going to be removed until at least the 19th of September and even then that would mean he hasn't used his arm in over six weeks.

“To expect him to go and race with six weeks off isn't exactly fair on him.

“We had the option of rider replacement but unfortunately that isn't the way to go either.

“It only takes for someone to get injured and we would have a major problem.

“The team will be glad to know that Base plans on being at a lot of the fixtures.

“That is why I'm handing him the vice-team manager spot to help me out.

“He has been brilliant like that all season and he deserves to be part of it all.”

Dugard said Bailey started the season as Kings Lynn's number 1 and holds a respectable 8.48 National League average.

“His recent scores in the Championship show his recent progression and joining a small track will do his career the world of good,” said Dugard.

Bailey is not unfamiliar with Eastbourne and grew up on the club’s junior track.

He said he could not wait to get going.

“It didn't take long for us to come to a deal and I'm really excited to join Eastbourne.

“They're in a good position and I would love to help them bring silverware to the club. Im looking forward to meeting the fans and my new team mates this weekend," he said.

*Eastbourne ride against Kent on Saturday at Arlington (7.30pm).

*There have been changes to the fixture list in September. Details on the fixtures section of the websi

Who is this guy who writes the Kent Web Previews? Another side swipe at Eastbourne on Thursday about making sure that we have a guest for Bailey tomorrow.

Enjoyed last night as 100% commitment from both sides. Bradley Andrews really takes his life in his hands, when he learns a bit more control he will be a very good rider and is good to watch.

Georgie seems to have overcome his mechanical problems and is really motoring now in what will probably be his last season with us but the most pleasing aspect was the continued improvement of Tom Brennan. If his engine had not cut out he would have been 12+1 with Luke Bowen the only King to beat him.

Josh Bailey struggled but I believe this was only his second sight of Arlington and he improved as the meeting went on.

We certainly will miss Mark Baseby but you have to take these blows in your stride and I am sure we will come out swinging.

Tomorrows meeting at Central Park is sure to be another full on clash which sadly I have to miss as I will be on my way to IOW for next Thursday's meeting.

• Like 1

Hunters is on his way to IOW for Thursday's meeting...Must be walking all the way.

He's taking the Dan Bewley to Latvia route ;)