British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I could not have been more wrong. Super performance when you analyse it with Mark Baseby the joker in the pack. We expect this sort of performance from Jake and Georgie this year but Baseby has performed above and beyond.

As expected Charlie was a busy boy and was the final difference to clinch the full 4 points. Tom pulled his weight at No 1 to make a fine all round team effort.

Dare I be bold and anticipate a similar result at Buxton today? Max Clegg may be too hard to beat but the rest of the team look vulnerable.

After a convincingly impressive win at Stoke, you should really be beating a Buxton side missing Williamson. Of course it'll be much harder than in some recent years but nevertheless another away win and the play-offs should be all but confirmed by this evening.

I could not have been more wrong. Super performance when you analyse it with Mark Baseby the joker in the pack. We expect this sort of performance from Jake and Georgie this year but Baseby has performed above and beyond.

As expected Charlie was a busy boy and was the final difference to clinch the full 4 points. Tom pulled his weight at No 1 to make a fine all round team effort.

Dare I be bold and anticipate a similar result at Buxton today? Max Clegg may be too hard to beat but the rest of the team look vulnerable.

You did get the numbers right I suppose. ...

After a convincingly impressive win at Stoke, you should really be beating a Buxton side missing Williamson. Of course it'll be much harder than in some recent years but nevertheless another away win and the play-offs should be all but confirmed by this evening.

Not sure on the use of the word convincingly but Eastbourne did win. 1 or 2 Stoke riders did have an off night & Baseby turned up.

Looked pretty convincing to me. Apart from heat 15 we didn't run a last and provided most the heat winners. Won by ten points with a reserve scoring zero and operating rider replacement where only the reserves and one other could take his rides.

this is the gaff Eastbourne have gone bent at the last 2 yrs.

they should get something out of todays match at the very least.

Play offs for Eastbourne definitely. Bit worried about the averages changing now with Bates and Powell

Another good performance, now top with 2 matches in hand. Looks like Jake beat Clegg 2-1 and Tom beat Bickley 2-0 although exact result difficult without full updates.

Bates does look to be a bit of a problem after starting so well this season but a spell at reserve could get his confidence back and hopefully Hampshire will be here next week.

Clegg looked unbeatable after a couple of races however Jake rode excellently in the last couple of heats. Really good team performance and score, if anything, could have been even bigger for a couple of falls in scoring positions.

Expected a little more of Buxton and am sure Williamson would have kept things closer.

Clegg looked unbeatable after a couple of races however Jake rode excellently in the last couple of heats. Really good team performance and score, if anything, could have been even bigger for a couple of falls in scoring positions.

Expected a little more of Buxton and am sure Williamson would have kept things closer.

Yeah Williamson was a massive loss. Buxton lost by 14 and Williamson could have scored 12 from 5 (8 more than Bickley so a 16 point swing), to give Buxton the win. But you can only beat what's in front of you!

See Hampshire has gone to Birmingham as I feared. Wonder what Conner has up his sleeve for the remaining reserve? Unless Bates can raise his game, having now sorted the main body of the team could be worrying when Powell and him swop.

See Hampshire has gone to Birmingham as I feared. Wonder what Conner has up his sleeve for the remaining reserve? Unless Bates can raise his game, having now sorted the main body of the team could be worrying when Powell and him swop.

I wonder how much 'beating off the competition' cost them?

I wonder how much 'beating off the competition' cost them?

I think the same as we would have done, but the deciding factor may have been he looked far happier on the Birmingham track than ours.

Most likely now William O'keefe after yesterday?

Just spent a great weekend away watching the Eagles (with a car meet in Northampton thrown in as well).

First of all JAKE KNIGHT!!! The man is just on it! His two wins over Clegg were brilliant and both at Stoke and Buxton he set the fastest times of the season.

I could mention all the team as they all stepped up at the right times. Both matches, we looked a bit shaky after the firsts few heats but just took hold of the meeting in the second halves. I think its fair to say we expected to win both matches but the strength of Georgie and Jake's wins just made it look like we would have given anyone a fight.

We have a team now where you go to tapes at every race with someone who can win a heat. Mark and Charlie were brilliant and lets remember, Tom is riding at number one so he is going to drop off a bit, he is still picking up points and giving us heat advantages. As for Matie, err maybe he is just having a bit of an off patch. We can afford that at meetings like this but we need him and the second reserve scoring a few to back up the others if we are going to go unbeaten for the seaon.

As for Buxton! What a cracking place to watch speedway. So close you can almost touch the riders on the track and if its cold, you sit in the car and watch. And it is so flippin beautiful around the stadium, even the drive in is breathtaking. The stadium itself? Err, have you ever been to Lydd? Its similar

• Like 1

Well my sources re the Hampshire signing on the 1st were clearly incorrect how frustrating.