British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I believe Sheffield is a big track which will give him invaluable experience for the trip to Belle Vue in September.

I think its a big mistake for George, i watched him at Kent on monday and was dissapointed in his performance, I am sure George was too but just imagine how it must hurt to get only a few points per meeting in the bigger league.

Ask JPB, Connor coles, Connor mountain and many others this year, i can see that George's average in the NL go down now.

Big mistake when your not ready.

That could be a bit of a problem against Lakeside and Mildenhall because on the next set of averages he will not be No1. He will be third and that means r/r with rides taken by Baseby, Brennan, Powell and Bates

Any guest below his average would have a job performing like him at Arlington.

can have a guest for cl commitments

I think its a big mistake for George, i watched him at Kent on monday and was dissapointed in his performance, I am sure George was too but just imagine how it must hurt to get only a few points per meeting in the bigger league.

Ask JPB, Connor coles, Connor mountain and many others this year, i can see that George's average in the NL go down now.

Big mistake when your not ready.

I completely disagree with this, Georgie's performance at Kent on Monday was down to mechanical gremlins and a complete one off for this season.

I think the time is right for him to start to move up and the greater experience he gains in the championship is exactly what he needs right now and will improve him as a rider and his national league form if anything.

He's more than capable of scoring points in the championship and he has done well to earn an opportunity to race at a higher level and I expect it will be the start of a good career for him at a level higher than National.

Good in one way that it will give him experience on other tracks, especially a big one like Sheffield, but we'll soon have first hand knowledge of the problems with the championship having first go of his services and no asset loan fee to compensate.

I can see some very similar post's coming on here, to what we've seem on the Kent, IOW, Buxton, Birmingham (etc) threads.

Edited by gazzac

On the facebook page its only been positive comments from Eastie fans so far, we enjoy seeing riders who are our own succeed (even if not technically owned by the club)

• Like 2

Very interesting

Last year wasn't it August? What happens if a rider gets injured?

Does anyone know who Charles Saunders is? He as just been added to the Eagles team profiles page, so is presumably the new reserve.

Does anyone know who Charles Saunders is? He as just been added to the Eagles team profiles page, so is presumably the new reserve.

New BSPA averages shows Charlie Saunders in at 7 replacing Matt Saul

Interesting signing by the Eagles. Wood and Powell both from grasstracking backgrounds so worth a go. Need someone at permanent reserve by the cut off. Hopefully he'll ride Saturday.

Should do, and has quite a big pedigree on the grasstrack scene so expect will be another good find :-)

• Like 1