British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

I agree that it's been a bit fast for him but that didn't necessarily cause his injury. Less than a year ago he didn't have any team place and then he's found himself in 2 leagues!

Yep, multiple changes have to slot under the 39 limit.

Injuries can happen at any time i quite agree some just seem to be more prone than others (not implying anything about Stoneman).

Thats rough for Kent then and most likely rules out a Shanes return. Not many riders around 7 point mark available and Kent are without a genuine heat leader now barring guests. Eastbourne would work around this but not sure Kent are quite as savvy?

Very interested in Sings4Speedway's comment that Eastbourne would work around such injury problems as Kent have at the moment. They can only follow the

guest and r/r rules that exist for such emergencies which I am sure Kent will do....Penny has just dropped...Eastbourne would have an electrical problem or no

medical cover...Ah Yes ! Personally I wouldn't call that "Savvy". I'd call it letting the fans down who expect to see a Speedway match when the weather is good.

I don't think you've been following this league long enough east end the Dugard's of Eastbourne are very good at team changes with injuries and other reasons some consist of:

Daniel spiller for Mattie Bates

Ben hopwood for David mason

Adam ellis for Kyle Hughes

Ellis Perks for Ben hopwood

Luke Harris for nick phillips

Jake knight for connor Coles

They're very good with team changes love the dugard or hate them they can fix a team

• Like 2

Very interested in Sings4Speedway's comment that Eastbourne would work around such injury problems as Kent have at the moment. They can only follow the

guest and r/r rules that exist for such emergencies which I am sure Kent will do....Penny has just dropped...Eastbourne would have an electrical problem or no

medical cover...Ah Yes ! Personally I wouldn't call that "Savvy". I'd call it letting the fans down who expect to see a Speedway match when the weather is good.

Another charming fellow, never mind, he can go back to the football terraces soon.

Certainly wasn't implying anything against Eastbourne with regards to fixture manipulation. More that if they were in the same boat a lower ranking 1-5 rider could pick up an injury / not be available and then allow guests to be used for both bowen and stoneman rather than just RR for stoneman?

We have rr for Hopwood

Morley for Bowen

Coles for Stoneman

Well, Turn Two, You can only change riders if there are riders there to change. In the early part of the season there are usually a few riders

not fixed up for whatever reason, but by June this source of supply is mostly dried up. Kent are having a very unlucky season so far and I don't see

any available riders for them...

Interesting to read on Kents website that Matt Marson has now been confirmed as ineligible to ride on a 3.00, now has an assessed 5 point average.

And matts ave has now been changed and given the 3pt ave he should be on don't now why it was changed to 5 for a British rider

Does anyone have any information on the Kent v Wimbledon meeting next Monday. The fixture has caught my eye before but I've never been able to make it until now.

Can't seem to find much information on the Kings' site itself.

Does anyone have any information on the Kent v Wimbledon meeting next Monday. The fixture has caught my eye before but I've never been able to make it until now.

Can't seem to find much information on the Kings' site itself.

Kent v Wimbledon on Monday and I understand that Steve Boxall will be number 1 for the Dons

More debate on the match can be seen in the BSF in YEARS GONE BY at 2002 Wimbledon Revival And Later Happenings

Edited by Guest