British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

That's one Ell of a signing.... if he can make many of the meetings.

so much for having to sign a 3 pointer 'cos there was no one left , what a signing for the hitmen.

Pipe talks about Perks being here for the season and maybe leaving if he thinks he might not be able to carry on. Whereas Perks talks as if he only plans on doing the first few meetings and then re-evaluating the situation. I wonder if Perks will gradually miss more and more meetings, especially away, with the Hitmen using decent guests each time.

Certainly sounds like Buxton have signed Ellis Perks' average rather than the rider.

Expect to see him do a meeting or two and then a host of guests will be utilised up to his average.

Got to have some sympathy for Buxton, they lose out to others who can pay more, but it does make speedway look a joke.

• Like 1

I thought the rule was you can only have a guest to cover for an absent no1 or if 2 or more riders are out injured? Even if buxton can only use r/r for his absence it has to be better than signing a 3 point rider!

Very good signing if he stays the course.

Best of luck to Buxton. They do a fantastic job up there.

• Like 1

I thought the rule was you can only have a guest to cover for an absent no1 or if 2 or more riders are out injured? Even if buxton can only use r/r for his absence it has to be better than signing a 3 point rider!

If it's a clash of fixtures then they can use a guest regardless of his position in the team (as long as he's not at reserve).

• Like 1

Buxton have signed somebody for Perks, from next week, that puts them over the limit so an injured Dicken is out for a 3 pointer. Who's about on an average that big? I can only think of Jacobs.

Buxton have signed somebody for Perks, from next week, that puts them over the limit so an injured Dicken is out for a 3 pointer. Who's about on an average that big? I can only think of Jacobs.

What about Knight as he has also said he has signed for someone

• Like 1

What about Knight as he has also said he has signed for someone

I think you're right actually.

I think knight let Buxton down a couple of seasons ago when he was dropped from Sheffield. I think he signed for Buxton but then retired I seem to remember