British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

I think my pay demands were too high , all I asked for was a pot to pee in as I didn't have one last time I rode

I think my pay demands were too high , all I asked for was a pot to pee in as I didn't have one last time I rode

I hear that things have improved since your day, matey.

It's now £5 a point, all the red diesel that you can get in your van tank, a key to the executive toilet facilities and heat leaders get first choice of sheep.

What's not to like?

:t:

• Like 1

Fair point, redandyellow.

But I would rather Mr Pipe say something rather than nothing.

Lots of clubs seem to work on a need to know basis and often the long-suffering supporters don't need to know.

Buxton haven't got a lot of money to slosh about and perhaps, we don't need to be reminded of the fact in each of Mr Pipe's monologues.

Whilst Mr Pipe may not be perfect, I don't envy his task of trying to cobble a team together every week.

But perhaps this year, we shall a team comprising of some experienced hands and some fresh young hopefuls.

But I would rather that any team that I try and support had a small club mentality and survived rather than having a big club mentality and perhaps disappearing faster than a very fast thing.

That's a fair point also. Pipe may spout so strange opinions sometimes but he definitely lets supporters know what's going on and that should be commended! I'd much rather be in that position and be a Buxton fan than a supporter of a club who doesn't know what going on unless they hear things on the grapevine. Buxton's PR at keeping fans up to date is very good between Pipe on the website, Mark Northall on social media and Jayne on here! Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

I've just strayed on to Buxton's Farcebook page and there is a picture of a smiling Jason Pipe in a pub holding up a Buxton No.1 race jacket.

Also holding on to this race jacket is some guy in a lumberjack shirt who we must assume is either some drunk in Mr Pipe's local tavern or is the new International Man of Mystery who will be spearheading Buxton's challenge for honours in 2017.

Any idea who this mystery man could be? Looking at the hands, I would suggest that he has passed the age of puberty and could be one of Mr Pipe's army of veterans.

On the Buxton site, it stated, "Pipe remains at the helm".

Rather worryingly, on the wall to the right of our lumberjack friend is a lifebelt and what appears to be an oar!

Surely, Pipe's boat is not sinking already or perhaps he likes to surround himself with nice hello sailor stuff.

If I had to put 10p on identifying our new friend, I would plump for Kenny Eyre.

Any better guesses?

It's now £5 a point, all the red diesel that you can get in your van tank, a key to the executive toilet facilities and heat leaders get first choice of sheep.

What's not to like?

ahhh there is the problem , I won't use red diesel in my van and I was only second string so the sheep are a bit rougher

ahhh there is the problem , I won't use red diesel in my van and I was only second string so the sheep are a bit rougher

The ugly ones are always more grateful :D

What's not to like?

i hope that choice was for which one to spoon mint sauce on and not what came into my mind first :wink:

We'll have to bow to your superior knowledge in this area, pete cc.

:unsure:

I can not be sheepish about it, i live close to wales :wink:

I've just strayed on to Buxton's Farcebook page and there is a picture of a smiling Jason Pipe in a pub holding up a Buxton No.1 race jacket.

Also holding on to this race jacket is some guy in a lumberjack shirt who we must assume is either some drunk in Mr Pipe's local tavern or is the new International Man of Mystery who will be spearheading Buxton's challenge for honours in 2017.

Any idea who this mystery man could be? Looking at the hands, I would suggest that he has passed the age of puberty and could be one of Mr Pipe's army of veterans.

On the Buxton site, it stated, "Pipe remains at the helm".

Rather worryingly, on the wall to the right of our lumberjack friend is a lifebelt and what appears to be an oar!

Surely, Pipe's boat is not sinking already or perhaps he likes to surround himself with nice hello sailor stuff.

If I had to put 10p on identifying our new friend, I would plump for Kenny Eyre.

Any better guesses?

That's Mitchell Davey, Little Thumper - Not a bad 1st signing by Jason Pipe

That's Mitchell Davey, Little Thumper - Not a bad 1st signing by Jason Pipe

So how do you know that?

Are you a close friend of Mr Pipe's?

Why do you think Mitchell Davey wants to come to Buxton?

Tallish guy, Scottish chequered shirt & those large hands

Unfortunately or fortunately I don't know Jason Pipe

Buxton is one of the nearest NL tracks for Mr Davey, as he lives in Scotland

Tallish guy, Scottish chequered shirt & those large hands

Unfortunately or fortunately I don't know Jason Pipe

Buxton is one of the nearest NL tracks for Mr Davey, as he lives in Scotland

Aha, so you are just guessing!

Surely, the chap must have more than one shirt?

If you are correct, I hope they are paying him a good mileage allowance because he is going to be racking up a few miles.

If he is living in Scotland then at least he will be used to it being bloody freezing for 11 months and 2 weeks of the year.