British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke Potters 2017

Enjoyed watching Wallinger again tonight. Thought he was good in the reverse fixture at Loomer Road, he showed loads of fight & thoroughly deserved his double figure score.

Have seen comments from Stoke site, thought them a bit harsh, as teams stronger than the Potters will ship 60 points at NSS against this Colts side. Perspective needed.

Agree wallinger has been value for money. Speight has only scored 2 points in 4 matches.

I think Speight ought to be worried about his place as thats a poor return and he doesn't even have a particularly nice style. Tedham & RTD also need to step up the latter in particular as he has been around long enough but seems to be showing little improvement

I think Speight ought to be worried about his place as thats a poor return and he doesn't even have a particularly nice style. Tedham & RTD also need to step up the latter in particular as he has been around long enough but seems to be showing little improvement

At least Tedham and RTD score a few at home. Speight has been rubbish all season, that's 2 points in 5 meetings now!

Edited by Islander15

Pretty sure they bumped a reserve last year and he scored more than that in his first meeting last year

Not sure the "promotion" will have realise yet, the defeats and stadium troubles will all be the fault of the "internet wallers"....

Well, I walked out on to the track on Saturday, and was horrified at its state: like a concrete roadway which had been carpet-bombed. The two best Stoke riders lost the match by falling off when in the lead, but they can't be blamed for that ... the track is to blame, and whoever doesn't get it fixed.

David Speight has resigned according to the potters fb page. I wonder who we can get in to replace him?

what about Ben Woodall he did so well saturday...

David Speight has resigned according to the potters fb page. I wonder who we can get in to replace him?

what about Ben Woodall he did so well saturday...

Not sure Belle Vue will want that?

I know he is only named as no: 8 & it may suit him to stay that way & pick up guest bookings every where.

Josh Embleton needs some NL track time... Think he'd do a half decent job at reserve in the NL too

Spent to long on the track not enough on the bike

If you mean the Stoke track, that is not surprising.

Six weeks since the last Potters post.

Any updates from those brave souls who still venture to Loomer Road?

Interestingly the spell check wanted to call the above venue Loser Road....

Still a waste of a potentially great venue.....