British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Stoke Potters 2017

Old Tony going to mix it again at 50 yrs old with the young bucks he is a true asset to the NL and they should make the most of him while he's there just hope he has a safe season .

I like Tony a lot and always find him pleasant enough to talk to.

The one thing that I have noticed is that he gets more tired as the meeting goes on.

If he has to go out in heat 15, he is usually too knackered to do it justice!

Any chance of giving young blood a go !!!!

I can't see anything wrong in a 50 year old like Tony Atkin racing speedway. Wal Morton and Geoff Pymar started in the early 1930s and both were still active and scoring well when bother were past 50 years in the early 1960s. I think it was at Bradford that they also partnered each other in the early 1960s where the pairing's combined ages exceeded 100 years.

Edited by Guest

Pleased to see Luke at Stoke. Good rider and great team member. Stoke need and deserve a good season.

Need, definitely.

However, you only need to read the other Stoke thread to see whether they deserve it.

When they are doing everything they can to ensure that paying customers are having a good night I'll agree. For that to happen, there will need to be a sea change in almost every aspect of the way they go about things.

• Like 1

Need, definitely.

However, you only need to read the other Stoke thread to see whether they deserve it.

When they are doing everything they can to ensure that paying customers are having a good night I'll agree. For that to happen, there will need to be a sea change in almost every aspect of the way they go about things.

As always, Halifaxtiger speaks wise words.

Stoke can have the greatest NL team ever assembled but unless they address their fundamental problems of presentation and attitude then myself and many others will choose to give the place a wide berth.

I am sure that they must have some idea of the levels of customer dissatisfaction and I am hopeful that they will be re-launching Stoke Speedway as a brand and adopting a far more welcoming attitude. If they don't then I do not believe that they have a viable future.

We shall see.

Too right mate , get rid of Vacey. The team has only gone down since he turned up.

We were in the Prem when he arrived, and he cocked that up, then we were going to be big fish in the lower league, now at the bottom of that. Any other job , he would be long gone.

Edited by big lad

Get rid of Vacey for starters?

I don't think he does the starts. It is usually some bloke in a stripy shirt.

Having said that, they could always get the chap they had at Buxton one time. You never knew how long the races were going to be. Some were 3 laps, others were 5 laps. It really added a bit of excitement to an otherwise mundane meeting.

At one stage, Jason "Not at the Helm" Pipe came flouncing out from the pits to give him a verbal lashing.

If they could combine some of these unknown distance races with the Joseph Lucas lighting system, it could be more exciting than a night out with Keith Vaz.

Anyway, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

:t: :t:

Need, definitely.

We rarely disagree and on this occasion you are again right. I meant to say the fans, whats left of them deserve it! I have given up despairing at the Stoke management because they just dont care! The sea change wont happen until the Tantrums depart. Really sad because it could be a great place.

• Like 2

We rarely disagree and on this occasion you are again right. I meant to say the fans, whats left of them deserve it! I have given up despairing at the Stoke management because they just dont care! The sea change wont happen until the Tantrums depart. Really sad because it could be a great place.

That's the worst bit, because you are dead right.

The stadium is run down but the track is still one of the best shaped in British Speedway and with some decent preparation could produce some fantastic racing.

Throw in some customer care and you have the two main ingredients for a highly successful speedway track.

• Like 2

That's the worst bit, because you are dead right.

The stadium is run down but the track is still one of the best shaped in British Speedway and with some decent preparation could produce some fantastic racing.

Throw in some customer care and you have the two main ingredients for a highly successful speedway track.

My friends, you are absolutely correct.

It would not take a great deal of money to return to Stoke to being a good speedway venue rather than the dismal place that it has become.

Some smiling faces on the gate and involving the small but loyal remaining bunch of fans would be a good start.

Everybody at Stoke always looks so bloody miserable.

Speedway is meant to be fun not some kind of Misery Fest.

I find it totally and utterly inconceivable that the gates at Loomer Road will be thrown open for the first meeting in 2017 and all that awaits the paying customer is the same old, past it's sell-by date offering that has been served up for the past few years.

Even the longest necked ostrich in the whole of the living world could fail to see that the ship is sinking.

But then again, perhaps they are just going to keep it trundling along for another year or so until Corbett Bookmakers decide what they intend to do with the land.

Come on Stoke, speedway needs you and speedway supporters need you.

Get your act together!

Could they not get people that are doing community service from punishments to repair the stadium? Turf the centre green? Paint the lampposts ?

Could they not get people that are doing community service from punishments to repair the stadium? Turf the centre green? Paint the lampposts ?

I think with the place being owned by Corbett Bookmakers which is a largely profitable commercial concern then getting free labour to do the place up might be out of the question.

Before you know it other businesses would be expecting our community payback friends to come and titivate their establishments as well.

If Stoke Speedway owned their own stadium and had a good relationship with their supporters, then many willing hands would have come forward to wield paint brushes, tidy up litter and instil a bit of pride into the tired old girl.

If only speedway operators had done all within their power to secure ownership of their venues when they had the opportunity, then faded starlets such as Stoke would be in a rather healthier position.

:unsure:

While this thread has an overflow in regard to complaints from Stoke speedway supporters the stadium's tenants for stock car racing present things there is a different light. Here is the Startrax Motorsport for their fothcing next meeting. Why is there an apparent vast difference in attitude between them and the speedway fraternity?

The Startrax Motorsport preview reads:

Stoke
  • 02/01/2017 12:00 1600cc Bangers TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS, 2 Litre Bangers, Lady Bangers, Hot Rods, Junior Bangers

The ULTIMATE KINGS OF CRASH TEAM WARS!

Shatter the New Year Blues! Enter 2017 with a BANG & A CRASH!

The ULTIMATE KINGS OF CRASH TEAM WARS!

A perfect way to get rid of the Festive excess with an afternoon of pure, good old fashioned Automotive Destruction -An afternoon of all action non stop Banger Racing Demolition!

At Stake is 'pride' as the Bangers line up in teams of three to become the Startrax Open Team Champions - and that's all about 'stopping' the opposition by fair means or often pure downright skulduggery! Full on hard hitting metal bending action as the Junkyard Screamers, our 1600cc Bangers teams, line up to go to war!

Add to that National 2 Litre Bangers, our super fast Startrax non contact Hot Rod class, Junior Bangers and our Queens of the short ovals, our own Lady Banger Banger drivers - and you don't mess with these gals!

BRING YOUR CAMERAS, YOUR FLASKS AND WRAP UP WARM, you can visit the pit area, watch the cars being prepared and get up real close!

Chesterton offers a race view Grandstand / cafeteria, covered all weather terracing and you can even at a modest additional cost, watch from the comfort of your vehicle as we have limited race view Trackside parking!

Schools still out, forget the shops - A great ' live' high octane' afternoon of family action, watch it unfold right in front of you!

Chesterton Speedway Stadium,
Loomer Road,
Chesterton,
Nr Newcastel Under Lyme,
Sat Nav: ST5 7LB

Just minutes from Junction 16 M6 from North, Junction 15 from the South

David Wallinger is the third rider.

Whos next?

Paul Burnett

Lee Geary

Shaun tedham

James Purchase

Steve Jones

Have i missed any older riders? :D

Edited by pete cc

David Wallinger is the third rider

He's only 33 years old. A bit young for Dads Army isn't he?

David Wallinger is the third rider.

Whos next?

Paul Burnett

Lee Geary

Shaun tedham

James Purchase

Steve Jones

Have i missed any older riders? :D

How about Lee Dicken?

He could be a good addition to the Stoke Dad's Army platoon.

dads_army_t_shirt_-_were_doomed_cu.jpg

And I'm sure they will unearth some young lad from the Outer Hebrides or some such place who will be the token young rider.

They had Lewis Millar last year who survived a couple of meetings before being given the boot.

I'm beginning to believe that Stoke think that just because the average age of the spectators is going up, they need to keep upping the riders' age in an attempt to keep up.

He's only 33 years old. A bit young for Dads Army isn't he?

Don't tell them your name, Pike.

Edited by Little Thumper