British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Where? When? Is This Years Ben Fund Meeting (2017) Being Held?

Can somebody please tell me where to get the Ben Fund badges for 2016 and 2017. I have been on the Ben Fund web site but cant find a link to the badges.

Thanks.

If you send an email to admin via the website someone will get back to you.

If you send an email to admin via the website someone will get back to you.

Thanks,now waiting for a reply from them.

How bad are the road works mentioned in Speedway Star folks?

Having looked at the line up is it time to have a couple of Ben Fund meetings, one in the North and one in the South?

• Like 1

Good point. All for a good cause & I would think a lot more riders would like to participate. Also, good competitive pre-season practice/racing.

Just out of interest, how is the benefit fund field drawn up? Are riders approached and asked to ride or do riders indicate their willingness to take part and then the field is decided from those who show willing?

I enjoyed that today , especially the races involving Chris Harris . But a decent sized crowd and a home winner , so everyone went home happy .

But it's time we got a proper bar at Ashfield , that was a shambles today .

• Like 2

With the number of riders that are not now appearing in the Premiership who really ought to be there maybe these guys could be drafted in as 'guests' for the missing and injured ?

Just out of interest, how is the benefit fund field drawn up? Are riders approached and asked to ride or do riders indicate their willingness to take part and then the field is decided from those who show willing?

a bit of both but all riders should be willing and make themselves available to do this meeting , sadly that's not the case
  • Like 1

I enjoyed that today , especially the races involving Chris Harris . But a decent sized crowd and a home winner , so everyone went home happy .

Yes me to, thought there was some good racing & icing on the cake for me, I got Lewis Bridger Race Jacket!

• Like 3

a bit of both but all riders should be willing and make themselves available to do this meeting , sadly that's not the case

Yes and no doubt they would be first in the queue for hand outs if needed. Some should take good look at themselves. Just look at Ben Barker He never misses Ben Meeting

Same here,we enjoyed it,and a big thumbs up to my mate the Sump for sorting the troubles out in the bar otherwise a lot of money in beer sales would`ve been lost... :lol::lol::P

Good to meet up with everybody,though I think I need a drying out period... :o

• Like 1

We counted 8 on the bar at one point, step one taking orders and money - then 6 involved in the shambles of dishing it out. Evetually you just tell them what you are waiting for and they go and get it. So it bears no relation to step one anyway :rofl:

No doubt it will be sorted soon. Great day otherwise.

Out of 50 top stars asked 42 refused for whatever reason , some maybe genuine but the rest is a disgrace and says a lot about the mercenary attitude of today's stars , as Paul ackroyd says evry rider should do it at least 1 in every 5 years

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 6