British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Grand Prix Challenge 2017

Really pleased.

Showed tremendous character after his first outing.

Says he wants to be world champion and I believe he means it.

Barring disaster, he now has that chance.

Well done skipper!

• Like 1

First time a Brit has got in by qualifying since I don't know when.

Erm...Chris Harris was in the series last year after qualifying. He finished 3rd in the GP challenge in 2015.

Also maybe worth holding back on the celebrations until after the end of the series. Cook hasn't qualified but will do if Dudek maintains his top 8 in the GP series. There's no guarantee of that.

• Like 1

Erm...Chris Harris was in the series last year after qualifying. He finished 3rd in the GP challenge in 2015.

Also maybe worth holding back on the celebrations until after the end of the series. Cook hasn't qualified but will do if Dudek maintains his top 8 in the GP series. There's no guarantee of that.

There's always one. Barring injury, Dudek will be in the top 8 so Craig is sorted.

Apart from a tough heat of gate 4, Craig stepped up tonight and delivered when it mattered. I think aside from Laguta he beat the rest of the top 3.

He deserves great credit tonight, that was hard. A strong field.

• Like 3

Well done Cookie. It'll be great to have one Brit to cheer on next year...as long as Dudek stays injury free.

• Like 1

correct, so with that in mind, and he does make it, would he have to drop championship speedway?

I guess a lot will depend on where he can get a ride overseas but still not sure a Polish top side will take a chance on him as a regular, maybe more luck in Sweden and Denmark

There's always one. Barring injury, Dudek will be in the top 8 so Craig is sorted.

Apart from a tough heat of gate 4, Craig stepped up tonight and delivered when it mattered. I think aside from Laguta he beat the rest of the top 3.

There's more than one... HenryW is quite right, Craig Cook has not yet qualified for the 2018 series (although his participation seems likely) - injuries are far from unknown in Speedway.

• Like 1

he would have to miss 3 GP's or completely lose the plot not to stay top 8. He is 25pts clear of 9th place rider.

• Like 1

he would have to miss 3 GP's or completely lose the plot not to stay top 8. He is 25pts clear of 9th place rider.

By my reckoning Dudek only needs to average 5 points a GP to make top 8 in reality. He couldn't have that done by the interval in two GPs time. I think we all knows it's highly likely but people are right, it only takes a nasty injury to Dudek now and he could miss the end of the season.

That said, is Dudek does get injured, Cook will get a wildcard now.

Dudek is still in with a shot of being world champion and there are 2 Polish GPs left!

I should maybe point out that I am a huge Cookie fan and I'm absolutely delighted that he has been able to put a tough few weeks behind him and deliver such a good result today.

I'm just not wanting to get ahead of things and celebrate his inclusion in 2018 until it's certain... stranger things have happened in speedway in the past.

Well done Craig.

11 points after a first race duck shows great courage and determination

Dudek is 25 points ahead of 9th place in SGP so augurs well for next year re Craig.

There will be a massive cheer onceit is mathematically certain

• Like 1

Only because Greg Hancock made a mistake on the 4th bend since then he done nothing

Greg Hancock was probably cheating

First time a Brit has got in by qualifying since I don't know when.

Tai quallified for 2014, 2015' 2016 and 2017

• Like 1

I thought he'd only got into the series by two wild cards.

Forgot about Harris last year so no as bad as I thought.

Brilliant performance from Cookie showing he can deal with the pressure and do well outside the UK. It looks as if Dudek will stay in the top 8 and that all Craig's hard work will be rewarded, I certainly hope so.

• Like 1