British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Wolverhampton Sat 1st April

Great to see Kyle scoring so well,

The Wolves reserve pairing would struggle in the Championship never mind the Premiership.

• Like 1

The wolves reserve pair are a disgrace tbh ...

greaves needs to go now before its too late

Disgrace!! They might not be ready for this but that is a disgraceful thing to say

• Like 5

Disgrace!! They might not be ready for this but that is a disgraceful thing to say

Agree with you re: Clegg but Greaves is and always WILL be nothing more than a Championship quality reserve and the sooner he is replaced, the better for Wolves for sure. I was astounded when he resurfaced this year at Wolverhampton after witnessing his "efforts" a couple of seasons ago when he was last in the Elite league. It may be harsh to say but the lad is never going to make it.

Agree with you re: Clegg but Greaves is and always WILL be nothing more than a Championship quality reserve and the sooner he is replaced, the better for Wolves for sure. I was astounded when he resurfaced this year at Wolverhampton after witnessing his "efforts" a couple of seasons ago when he was last in the Elite league. It may be harsh to say but the lad is never going to make it.

I agree but to call him a disgrace is poor

• Like 1

How on earth can Wolves fans call their own riders a disgrace? A shocking thing to say. They may be out of their depth but I am sure they are trying 100% to do their best for their team.

Wolves put together a team this year which are not good enough to challenge for the title. Poor team building has led to a team which is weak at reserve. Don't expect any major changes like last year as Howarth is already upping the team average. No woffy woffy woffy to save the day this time around.

• Like 1

How on earth can Wolves fans call their own riders a disgrace? A shocking thing to say. They may be out of their depth but I am sure they are trying 100% to do their best for their team.

Wolves put together a team this year which are not good enough to challenge for the title. Poor team building has led to a team which is weak at reserve. Don't expect any major changes like last year as Howarth is already upping the team average. No woffy woffy woffy to save the day this time around.

I dont think redandyellow is a Wolves fan to be fair Edited by phillipsr
  • Like 1

Wolves fans as usual looking in the wrong place.

Greaves is pretty much the weakest rider in the league so any points he scores is a bonus. Clegg is one of, if not the weakest no 6's in the league so realistically his job is to beat the no 7's which so far he has struggled to do.

However, it's a point or two either way.

What should NOT be happening is a team built top heavy and a big 'top' three is one of those top three to be losing to opposing no 7's. Thorssell and Masters were the reason we came away with nothing tonight.

• Like 2

sorry there performances have been a disgrace..

At the end of the day its a sport i pay every week to watch i can be critical if i like.

Wolves fans as usual looking in the wrong place.

Greaves is pretty much the weakest rider in the league so any points he scores is a bonus. Clegg is one of, if not the weakest no 6's in the league so realistically his job is to beat the no 7's which so far he has struggled to do.

However, it's a point or two either way.

What should NOT be happening is a team built top heavy and a big 'top' three is one of those top three to be losing to opposing no 7's. Thorssell and Masters were the reason we came away with nothing tonight.

Greaves may be out of his depth but Clegg should be better than he is currently scoring, i don't know what is wrong but he is well below his usual standard.

• Like 2

I still remain unconvinced by Thorssell. His away for has always been a concern and is still very reliant on his gating. He's been here for 5 years now and neither have improved much

sorry there performances have been a disgrace..

At the end of the day its a sport i pay every week to watch i can be critical if i like.

Be critical just calling them a disgrace is very harsh. There not good enough thats plain to see but its not there fault they were picked

• Like 2

One of the best meetings I've ever seen at Rye I'd say. The stadium wasn't as bad as some have made it out to be, obviously more work is still needed though.

It's easy to see why fans take to Harris wherever he races while Nicholls team riding with Perks was incredibly classy. Speaking of Perks, a very impressive debut, hopefully he carries on in the same vein.

Harder nights for Robbo and Watt, the latter in particular should be scoring more than five at home and hopefully he can next week.

All in all a very positive evening. I think I may have the bug back. I'll be rushing to Rye after watching Stevenage at Colchester next Saturday.

• Like 6

Thorsell and Masters aren't worth their averages if they only turn up at home.

The Reserves speak for themselves - clearly trying but simply not good enough. Neither of them.

You almost made a good post until the last line considering your team is the master of bringing in ringers on dodgy averages.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1