British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Rye House Vs Swindon 08.04.17

So rye house have priority for Perks but not Branford is that right?

Can only see a thumping win for the Rockets.

Sheffield Twitter:

UPDATE | Rob Branford is back in the Tigers side for tonight's trip to Workington after clarification on team priority. Good luck Rob!

Sheffield Twitter:

UPDATE | Rob Branford is back in the Tigers side for tonight's trip to Workington after clarification on team priority. Good luck Rob!

what a shambles of a sport speedway is, when even the promoters don't know the rules!
  • Like 4

This is the ruling taken from the 2017 regs,:

16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows: FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings, FIM Europe U21 Championship, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA Shared and Fee Events, Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is Doubling Up, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -

1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

2)1st priority to the owner of the rider

3) 2nd priority to the previous season club

4) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

This would imply that Rye House have priority as 1) and 2) don't apply in this instance.

It seems not. Reported he's riding for Sheffield tonight

Point 2 - He's a Redcar asset, point 3 He rode for Rye House last year, point 4 - Redcar and Sheffield are in the same league. So it must be point 4 takes preference over point 3 in other words stick a pin in and see what you end up with. Poor Rob must be going up and down various motorways today not knowing where he will end up - what a shambles. Let's hope Ben Morley is still available.

If that's the rules in that post then surely Rye have priority as in rule 3?

Exactly! On Sheffield web site they say they've been in touch with the governing body for clarification, I will be emailing the governing body and asking them to explain it to me in plain English as well because on the priority list number 1 comes before number 2 therefore number 3 must come before 4, or is my maths as bad as that of the governing body!

What governing body!

God knows - but I will email the Control Board at Rugby (email: info@scbgb.co.uk) and see if I get any sort of response. I know - lets all email them and see what happens - probably nothing but you never know!

This could be closer than most people think...Rye 48 Swindon 42...with The Robins winning on aggregate in Wiltshire.

• Like 1

This could be closer than most people think...Rye 48 Swindon 42...with The Robins winning on aggregate in Wiltshire.

Will be happy with a gap like that.

The excellent Speedway Updates site already has it listed.

Edited by A ORLOV

Will be happy with a gap like that.

The excellent Speedway Updates site already has it listed.

Morra is on fire, Doyley can only improve, Bellego looked good against Belle Vue. After seeing the ammering Belle Vue gave to Poole last night The Robins did well to only lose by two to them on Thursday.