British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Coventry Possibly To Join Nl

Reading a article earlier in which it says Coventry bees could be making a return to British speedway in the 3rd tier been the most likely..

Another big stand alone club in the nl wont be popular with alot of people i do think we need to start looking into better structured leagues

I think it will be great personally. And prove that the nl is the best league

• Like 1

That would be a great move, as I still think the NL offers better value for money than the other two leagues, so fingers crossed on that one.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

It's a bitter pill to swallow at first....but then things get better : ) I hope it's true, from a neutral point of view!

I think you'll be track sharing though ?

It's a bitter pill to swallow at first....but then things get better : ) I hope it's true, from a neutral point of view!

I think you'll be track sharing though ?

The idea is to AVOID track-sharing, and to get racing back in Coventry - to keep the support and enthusiasm alive while we seek a long-term solution to allow a return to the top level.

Guest GiveusaB

I wish you well, but imo you wont be seeing speedway in Coventry for a very long time!

You'll be lucky to see speedway at all, let alone at top level !?

How can this be anything other than good news?

More power to the Bee's collective elbow (assuming that Bees have elbows) :approve:

NL speedway is better than none at all.

Watching the young riders progress.... hope the Coventry faithful back the NL If it happens...

Similarly hope Plymouth fans keep the numbers up and Speedway continues there for a long time.

Thought this was pie in the sky. But genuinely looks like Coventry will return to Brandon next year and doing what I suggested months ago. Close off the stands and race Sundays to negate the lack of lighting.

Assume they will run under the Bees name?

Edited by teaboy279

Is this story really true ? Where did the news come from ?? Anybody out there know the facts ?? Sundays with no lights needed MAY make Brandon

available, I don't know how the owners/developers will view that. Would dearly love to find out...IF true, great news for the National League which is

steadily improving its stock.

Is this story really true ? Where did the news come from ?? Anybody out there know the facts ?? Sundays with no lights needed MAY make Brandon

available, I don't know how the owners/developers will view that. Would dearly love to find out...IF true, great news for the National League which is

steadily improving its stock.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/could-coventry-bees-speedway-team-13045516

• Like 1

Coventry have experience of running National League and they have been attractive on the road. Another big name for the National League will be most welcome.

• Like 1

How can this be anything other than good news?

More power to the Bee's collective elbow (assuming that Bees have elbows) :approve:

No,just knees
  • Like 1

Are there enough riders of NL standard to be shared out amongst an increasing number of tracks?

I guess it depends on what Coventry want to do. Will they want to develop the youngsters (if there are enough to go round) or will they want to "do a Stoke" and become a Retirement Home for those too old to hack it any more in the Championship.

Maybe Coventry and Stoke could be founder members of a Seniors League?