British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef robin

Swindon V Somerset Bank Holiday Monday At 5.00

Rebels reserves look strong for this , Allen has fixed a bike gremlin and new tracks don't seem to faze him,Swindon will need more than Doyle and Morris,should be a cracker of a match ,rebels to win another tight one

,their season about to change for better

What is the weather like? Been raining all morning here in Gloucester.

What is the weather like? Been raining all morning here in Gloucester.

Rain due at 12.30ish getting lighter through till 5, then dry, but the forecast keeps changing and do not forget it can be raining around Swindon but not at Blunsdon.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Steady rain here between Bath and Bristol .12.14

Edited by Red Robin

Steady rain here between Bath and Bristol .

That may be what is going to hit here as forecast has now got heavy rain at 2pm, then light rain from 3-4.30.

That is what I meant by the forecast changing every hour.

I will do another and last report about 1.30

• Like 1

Heavy shower for the last 30min in Cirencester some 13 miles north west of the track.

A fair bit of rain here overnight so could be in doubt

This is the latest hourly forecast from Accuweather

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/blunsdon-st-andrew/sn25-2/hourly-weather-forecast/716621

You may have to do a quick page refresh when you get there :)

Unless I am reading it wrong 5pm states partly cloudy but underneath it has 47% rain, so they seem to be as confused as all the other forecasts. But there is 0% snow due :wink:

Have had no rain in south Swindon since early this morning.

Edited by A ORLOV

Unless I am reading it wrong 5pm states partly cloudy but underneath it has 47% rain, so they seem to be as confused as all the other forecasts. But there is 0% snow due :wink:

I'm in South Glos and it has started to rain about 12:30 and is now steady and as I type this, getting heavier!

I do not intend to attend this afternoon and whilst I can appreciate those asking for and those giving weather updates my experience of the KL meeting just highlights how tricky this can be.

I travelled down from Reading, left work, back to the hotel, change and off we set, rain started and then got heavier as we headed west. I stopped on route to check twitter and low and behold an update with a picture from Rosco, all fine at the Abbey. Met Office web site checked, looked like the rain would just be missing the Abbey. Onward we went and still wet until about 2 miles away from the Abbey on the A419 and then the roads were dry! Without the update trackside and the weather update, I would have turned round!

• Like 1

3 miles from track and no rain at all today very cloudy though feels a bit stormy and temperature has dropped a bit really hard to say what's going to happen....we need to get this on for our 4+4 otherwise our imminent signing has to keep sthum and stay part time!

Blunsdon is strange as often it can be raining all round the hill but not at the track, unfortunately it seems very rare to get an update from someone at the track. Unfortunately I am not able to post any reports from the track when I get there this afternoon about 3 as my phone is one that only works within a few meters of the box on the wall at home.

I just drove past the turnoff to Blunsdon and it does appear fairly dry whereas either side of that there were puddles evident (Cricklade and Sainsbury's). Therefore looks like the track may have dodged the mid day shower

Heavy rain forecast at 2pm now changed to light rain, still dry so far so just about to leave.

Raining heavily north of Cricklade but Blunsdon was dry at 145pm

Means 47%chance of rain

3 miles from track and no rain at all today very cloudy though feels a bit stormy and temperature has dropped a bit really hard to say what's going to happen....we need to get this on for our 4+4 otherwise our imminent signing has to keep sthum and stay part time!

Can't use new averages until All teams have completed 4+4, until then its the original 50pts aves that apply