British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keef robin

Swindon V Somerset Bank Holiday Monday At 5.00

Big West Country derby up on the Hill on Monday, Robs v Rebs. If its as good as last month's battle at the OTA an expected big crowd will be in for a treat.

The Robins have yet to win at home, have to win this one, hopefully not waiting until the last 3 heats.

• Like 1

Think Robins should win this by 8-10.

Big West Country derby up on the Hill on Monday, Robs v Rebs. If its as good as last month's battle at the OTA an expected big crowd will be in for a treat.

The Robins have yet to win at home, have to win this one, hopefully not waiting until the last 3 heats.

If you don't get a big crowd for this you never will.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Atm I think we will be relying on the last 3 heats to sneak this one...JG should fly round and Wrighty could be a handful , Hougaard has a mixed Blunsdon record but looks consistent this year and Lawson looks confident but I agree that at reserve we could have a problem with the Rebels pair although there's always a mistake or two in Allen.We need the top 3 to be firing and at least one of the middle order to raise there performance considerably to win this but I suspect we will still be looking at our averages a little!

Rebels are a refreshment for this tired old league.

They could have a trump in Lewis Bridger at Number 2, and might just do what they did at Belle Vue on the last Bank Holiday.

• Like 1

I fancy the Robins to win by at least 10, with it being pretty close up to last 3 heats...will go 50-40ish.

Atm I think we will be relying on the last 3 heats to sneak this one...JG should fly round and Wrighty could be a handful , Hougaard has a mixed Blunsdon record but looks consistent this year and Lawson looks confident but I agree that at reserve we could have a problem with the Rebels pair although there's always a mistake or two in Allen.We need the top 3 to be firing and at least one of the middle order to raise there performance considerably to win this but I suspect we will still be looking at our averages a little!

First time here for Jake I think.

2.30 Car Park open

3.00 - 3.45 Autograph session

4.00 Stadium Gates open

4.45 Parade

5.00 Racing Starts.

Weather looks good and this should be a good local derby meeting.

Edited by A ORLOV

A real tough meeting for the Budgies,i think Somerset have a big advantage at reserve and that should keep it close.For me Lawson and Hougaard are the key,Lawson has been in great form but he has never really impressed me at the Abbey but he can gate for fun and be very quick in front.Hougaard i can remember him scoring points for fun at reserve once i think he scored 16? so he is well capable of riding well i recon a home win by about 8 points.

Edited by Sidney the robin

A lot will depend on Bellego, can he recapture his early season form, and Adam and BWD. Rebs reserves look better. Can't see many getting the better of Doyley and Morra at Blunsdon.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2888

This meeting will be interesting to see if BWD and Zach can score some points over their last years club, and it will be good to see Josh and Charles Wright back at Swindon but for Somerset .

Zach has scored another maximum of 15 for Lakeside this afternoon, that should give him a bit of confidence for this meeting.

Edited by A ORLOV

If the weather is ok tomorrow I expect a very big crowd. A big following from Somerset for sure. The Rebels new look line up will keep Swindon honest, but I predict a pretty comfortable victory by say 10 or more. That said, if the Robins engine room (Bellego and Ellis) fail to fire, I can see the Rebels snatching a point.

If the 'engine room' fail to fire I can see Rebels taking 3 points

Let's hope our second stringers do themselves justice tomorrow and get that elusive home victory