British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarB123

Redcar V Scunthorpe 13-7-17

You should try some new patter or we may have to call Neil for the rematch and get it declared save us travelling down.

Definitely not bitter! Still mentions it across multiple threads months later. Be good to have a progress update on this one from Kevin Keays, its all gone quiet on the legal action, which may mean its working its way through the system or alternatively isnt.

Progress update from Kevin - he's dropped the s from his surname (well not dropped it as it was never there in the first place).

He publicly announced weeks ago that he wasn't going ahead with a legal challenge - most of us have moved on from it but some haven't.

Progress update from Kevin - he's dropped the s from his surname (well not dropped it as it was never there in the first place).

He publicly announced weeks ago that he wasn't going ahead with a legal challenge - most of us have moved on from it but some haven't.

Thanks for that.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Still need a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Scunthorpe need a big score from Tero Aarnio at reserve to keep this meeting close.

Looks like they need a miracle to keep it close!

Guest Scunny2012

Was going to go to this match, pleased I didn't what a disappointment, Scunny outclassed again, seems like the home match and win over Newcastle just papered over the cracks and gave the supporters false hope, many changes needed to be competitive away starting with a genuine no.1.

Bears on fire , only one 0 .

Aaron Summers scored his lowest at Pm for ages, so Scunthorpe could have got a real hammering if Jason & Charles had ridden .

Believe it or not there was some good Close racing.

Couldn't make it to the meeting tonight, but pleased to see the Bears roaring again after a glitch against Peterborough. We don't crack the 60 point mark too often. Well done Bears.....onto the EOES and hope to gain some revenge .

Was going to go to this match, pleased I didn't what a disappointment, Scunny outclassed again, seems like the home match and win over Newcastle just papered over the cracks and gave the supporters false hope, many changes needed to be competitive away starting with a genuine no.1.

Exactly the same here; we were going but then thought it through and came up with at least a 20pt reverse on a track none of our riders seem to go well on. Given that Wilko and Auty are former Redcar riders you would expect better ?; Ryan has never sorted the place out; MPT too not a fan of the Pwima Awena ; chuck in 1pt from JB (who is exonerated from criticism by the way); and Tero scraping around for 2pts and we're left with 13pt out of 32 ! from Lewis Kerr or else its a total plastering ?. Cannot fathom this at all ? - say it time and time again ..we're better than this ...but we rarely are?.

Rob's nailed his colours to the mast - no changes; were sticking with it to the bitter end; and to be fair I'd probably do the same at this stage. There's still a decent 1-7 there somewhere ? and there's always Berwick worse off than us ? so we can avoid the wooden spoon.

Look; I back the team come what may; but there has to be tangible change next season and I do not just mean at Scunthorpe. Speedway GB has to take a long long hard look at this set-up and come up with a plan that amounts to far far more than rebranding a couple of Leagues !. EVERYONE (and that means promoter; riders; BT sport; us the FANS - everyone) is deserving of better than the current state we seem to have landed in. Lets get back around the table and come up with a cohesive plan for Speedway GB for 2018.

1. Merge the Leagues ! - there simply no point to the Championship-Premier idea - the two leagues have the same riders in them.

2. No doubling up-guesting that's killing our interest. Lets put the 'identity' back into team speedway.

3. Transfer windows please !; one 1st June and one 1st August other than that you declare your team and stick with it (injury aside)

4. Can any one explain averages ? no me neither ..scrap them bring back rider control !

5. Leagues merge and guess what ?- all of us get our day at the National Speedway Stadium ! cracking point of interest for fans of every team the idea of an away meeting at Belle Vue !

I could go on.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 6