British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You could never afford Chris. in fact no british club could afford to lash out 25 k for a rider nowadays, Give it up. your now clutching at straws. You've been told, several times, you  got Doyley give it up.

Matt needs to be careful as the value of Chris might go down this year, I would not want it to happen but he may have another bad injury, or just decide he has had enough of the UK.

If Chris was really good there are a couple of clubs that could afford him. 

Edited by A ORLOV

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Starman and the fake Poole fan agreeing. The scene has been set for the rest of the season.

Starman and myself are talking sense. Not my problem if you don't like the fact that we have Chris Holder on a 7.16 average and Somerset don't.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Matt needs to be careful as the value of Chris might go down this year, I would not want it to happen but he may have another bad injury, or just decide he has had enough of the UK.

If Chris was really good there are a couple of clubs that could afford him. 

I doubt if Chris will go down mate. If he cannot increase  that 7.16 average i will be very suprised. Chris is really good, form is temperary class is permanant, he's not be a world champion by being average. And nobody wants injuries, he's had his fair share of those in the last few years. Talking to brick walls springs to mind !  could have finished his career, then you had poorDarcys unfortunate accident, that took the wind out of his sails, like it did everybody, and that was on top of his own problems. I would not have been suprised had he  retired there and then.
As i said, Chris was fine last weds, had a spring in his step and was the first out on the track. Its good to see him back home, and i for one hope he has a good season.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Buttons said:

It would be interesting as to where or from  whom you get YOUR  

Now that would be telling

Edited by sugarray
  • Like 1

So when are the Wolverhampton promotion going to get a talking too?

I can understand why they are scared of us but they will have to face us at some point. 

They cant hide behind the snow and other excuses forever. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

So when are the Wolverhampton promotion going to get a talking too?

I can understand why they are scared of us but they will have to face us at some point. 

They cant hide behind the snow and other excuses forever. 

Ha ha

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The 7-

The 70th anniversary meeting has been cancelled? Really? Better put it out to everyone then, though I can’t find it on the Poole website.

only a funny Steve, just a dig at Wolverhampton for putting practice over a official meeting

17 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

only a funny Steve, just a dig at Wolverhampton for putting practice over a official meeting

Its not a practice day its there launch of there season which is important clue less

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

Its not a practice day its there launch of there season which is important clue less

if this had been Poole, the forum would be in meltdown, CLUE LESS

There's a precedent for cancelling a home meeting at the whim of the home promoter.  Poole v Lakeside,  was it 2015,  I can't remember the year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

There's a precedent for cancelling a home meeting at the whim of the home promoter.  Poole v Lakeside,  was it 2015,  I can't remember the year. 

Well pointed out. 

42 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

if this had been Poole, the forum would be in meltdown, CLUE LESS

not at all most supporters got respect for each other team and the p/p is just as important as the first league meeting imo p/s sorry if you disagree

• Like 1

P and P is huge for a club. 

And if you are going to miss a meeting not a bad one to miss when it’s bloody freezing and been snowing all week. Gives the track another week to sort it’s self out. 

• Like 4

Most top tier teams have cancelled meetings at whim. 

Only one has ever been punished. 

Go figure. 

LOL

15 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Starman and myself are talking sense. Not my problem if you don't like the fact that we have Chris Holder on a 7.16 average and Somerset don't.

Much prefer Jack Holder on a 5.82 tbh. I think he'll be a better rider than Chris and Doyle and Garry will sort out his attitude. I doubt anyone will do that with Chris.