British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Edinburgh Monarchs Sgbc 30th July 2017 6.30pm

Even thinking about getting rid of George English from Newcastle speedway is completely, utterly and totally crazy. He has a track record either of team manager or promoter that many would kill for. Ok maybe this season hasn't quite gone the way that some Diamonds fans would've like but good grief take a look at the league table, there`s one or two clubs that would trade places with Newcastle in a heart beat.

• Like 4

Mike7164 the fact you liked this post I put on here says everything I and others need to know about you, it's because of george english and family and alan hedley that we have speedway on tyneside end of story.

andys you are entitled to think whatever you want I am not stopping you be true to yourself, personally yes I would get rid of George and Darryl I have said that on this forum before, however we were talking about the team were we not? and George is team manager!

I don't believe they the promotion are the be and end all of the club which I have also said before, but they maybe two of the longest serving co promoters in the clubs history however I have pointed out in the past that we have had more dross than success with said promotion.

andys you are entitled to think whatever you want I am not stopping you be true to yourself, personally yes I would get rid of George and Darryl I have said that on this forum before, however we were talking about the team were we not? and George is team manager!

I don't believe they the promotion are the be and end all of the club which I have also said before, but they maybe two of the longest serving co promoters in the clubs history however I have pointed out in the past that we have had more dross than success with said promotion.

Last I heard daryl had nothing to do with the promotion side of the club anymore
  • Like 1

is the on going work on the track any closer to being complete?

Tidied that for you, mate. The answer to the question is no, it is ongoing during meetings.

• Like 2

Grateful to get a point.

Massive gratitude to Rickayyyy.

Mike7164 the fact you liked this post I put on here says everything I and others need to know about you, it's because of george english and family and alan hedley that we have speedway on tyneside end of story.

Don't forget Andrew Dalby, too

Don't forget Andrew Dalby, too

I'll take your word for that unsure what input he has nowadays promotion wise or financial wise

Great stuff from George and Roy in the programme tonight. I hope the SCB read it.

Any chance of enlightening those of us who couldn't be there on what was written?

When IRR was introduced was it not done so to cover riders injured through no fault of their own to compensate teams having to use Fast Track Reserves who the powers that be did not want to go up against top riders. I presume however that this is no longer the case and can be used for any injury even if it the injured riders fault. I ask this in the light of Sam Master's rides being covered when it states in the referee's programme that he was DQ'd in heat one after a crash that was deemed to be his own fault.

When IRR was introduced was it not done so to cover riders injured through no fault of their own to compensate teams having to use Fast Track Reserves who the powers that be did not want to go up against top riders. I presume however that this is no longer the case and can be used for any injury even if it the injured riders fault. I ask this in the light of Sam Master's rides being covered when it states in the referee's programme that he was DQ'd in heat one after a crash that was deemed to be his own fault.

The rule was never anything to do with whose fault it was. I think it was first introduced because fast-track reserves were not strong enough to cover, that's quite right, but this year it is effectively a new rule covering any rider injured prior to his third ride, in a team not already using r/r. It's one of the better rules of recent times and prevents a match being spoilt by an injury. It could be open to a bit of abuse but I don't think it has been so far.

• Like 3

The rule was never anything to do with whose fault it was. I think it was first introduced because fast-track reserves were not strong enough to cover, that's quite right, but this year it is effectively a new rule covering any rider injured prior to his third ride, in a team not already using r/r. It's one of the better rules of recent times and prevents a match being spoilt by an injury. It could be open to a bit of abuse but I don't think it has been so far.

Thank you

BB

Well this match did not provide us with exciting racing but with the Monarchs holding us close the last couple of heats became exciting. Heat 14 Ludde won it with Hoppy third. These guys won the match for Newcastle as it was unimportant what would happen in heat 15. We won the match and Monarchs picked up a point.

Hopefully Sam Masters, Robert Lambert and Steve Worrall will be ok after their falls. The diamonds pair Robert and Steve were riding in Poland on saturday so perhaps they were tired, well I would have been!!

• Like 1

Well this match did not provide us with exciting racing but with the Monarchs holding us close the last couple of heats became exciting. Heat 14 Ludde won it with Hoppy third. These guys won the match for Newcastle as it was unimportant what would happen in heat 15. We won the match and Monarchs picked up a point.

Hopefully Sam Masters, Robert Lambert and Steve Worrall will be ok after their falls. The diamonds pair Robert and Steve were riding in Poland on saturday so perhaps they were tired, well I would have been!!

Robert was clearly battered and bruised and Stevie had bike issues most of the night, which is why Ludde and Robbo were in heat 15.

Robert was clearly battered and bruised and Stevie had bike issues most of the night, which is why Ludde and Robbo were in heat 15.

Well Robbo was, Ludde was only in it for two bends that got p****d off when Wells lifted infront of him stopping his run and then just coasted around at the back. Good win by the Diamonds.