British Speedway Forum
Mark

Bt Sport Coverage

Starman gets picked on more than anyone else on this forum.

Good on him for giving it back to one of the worst offenders.

He deserves everything he gets to be fair. The bloke is an utter ****.

• Like 1

If Sky hadn't ripped-off the customers to line the pockets of footballers and their agents the likes of BT would probably have left them alone. As soon as silly money started circulating then competition was inevitable.

My experience of BT is that they are just as greedy and avaricious as Sky arguably more so,

• Like 1

It seems that stevebrum and Gavan are always involved in the arguing. Why don't you use the private messages to argue and call names, rather than posting childish insults and comments for everyone to see?

Thanks for the private message.

So educated for a 'new' poster.

:rofl:

He deserves everything he gets to be fair. The bloke is an utter ****.

Nothing wrong with BT coverage, they do a fair job.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

My experience of BT is that they are just as greedy and avaricious as Sky arguably more so,

Look, I worked for one a long time ago, much to my cost. They all are. Sky raised the bar though and that invited the likes of BT in. People seem to think that Sky are a generous charity giving sport to the masses then the awful BT came along to spoil it. At least BT's coverage assumes the viewer has a brain.

• Like 3

Look, I worked for one a long time ago, much to my cost. They all are. Sky raised the bar though and that invited the likes of BT in. People seem to think that Sky are a generous charity giving sport to the masses then the awful BT came along to spoil it. At least BT's coverage assumes the viewer has a brain.

Whoops that counts Starman out.

• Like 1

Whoops that counts Starman out.

Rich From somebody who's never met me.

Edited by Starman2006

Rich From somebody who's never met me.

True, but I can make an assessment on what and how you post, some of which would embarrass a 5 year old.

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 2

My negatives are minor gripes, really and are And finally, a truly petty pet hate: the constant use of teams' nicknames ahead of the place/club names. Personally, I'd never say I was going to watch the Stars against the Rebels on TV or that I was off to Manchester for the match between the Aces and the Lions, I'd simply say I was going to watch King's Lynn against Somerset or Belle Vue against Leicester. It all sounds rather Americanised to me, and I can't help feeling that emphasising the places where the clubs are based would help audiences begin to identify with their own nearest team.

Americans do televised sport better than anyone. British broadcasters could learn a lot from them

• Like 1

Americans do televised sport better than anyone. British broadcasters could learn a lot from them

IF you can put with the seemingly endless adverts ... much worse than Sky for example.

• Like 1

IF you can put with the seemingly endless adverts ... much worse than Sky for example.

And often the over the top commentary and with some of them they spout more cr#p than we get from many of our football pundits.

I've been watching NFL/MLB since the mid 80's and have become used to it. American football and baseball have many breaks. You learn to live with it after a while. Speedway is fast flowing, your regular 15 heat meeting should be done and dusted within 90 minutes, even with advert breaks every four heats.

Edited by Shads

And often the over the top commentary and with some of them they spout more cr#p than we get from many of our football pundits.

Yes, they make Nigel Pearson seem positively taciturn.

• Like 1

Yes, they make Nigel Pearson seem positively taciturn.

Care to name any of these commentators?