British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

Kent Vs Wimbledon

This clip is on youtube, shows quite blatently that Boxalls rear wheel was spinning (slipping clutch) prior to the tapes going up and should have been stopped as the bike was moving before the tapes went up and this gave him a clear advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uwlzja3MQ

Guest GiveusaB

It did....but what's your point? he didnt win the race and would've still come 2nd if it was re-started?

Made for a brilliant race by Bowen.....well done him!

Made one of my odd visits to Kent when I learned late in the day that Ben Morley was riding for Wimbledon. Got to admit it was a

great meeting and Bowen was really incrdible considering this was his first match back after injury. Heat 13 was probably the best

race ever seen on a National League track. Not more than a tyres width between 3 riders over the line.incredible. Looks like Kent

have landed on their feet with the inclusion of Greenwood.

• Like 1

Made one of my odd visits to Kent when I learned late in the day that Ben Morley was riding for Wimbledon. Got to admit it was a

great meeting and Bowen was really incrdible considering this was his first match back after injury. Heat 13 was probably the best

race ever seen on a National League track. Not more than a tyres width between 3 riders over the line.incredible. Looks like Kent

have landed on their feet with the inclusion of Greenwood.

Got to completely agree there. Despite a very one sided meeting in terms of the score line due to the Dons reserves & Nick Laurence the racing at the front was excellent. Three of the best riders to take to Central Park battling it out as if it meant everything and not just a challenge match and 100% agree heat 13 was as good a race as you will see anywhere.

It did....but what's your point? he didnt win the race and would've still come 2nd if it was re-started?

Made for a brilliant race by Bowen.....well done him!

Your happy to condone cheating then?

Guest GiveusaB

Cheating? or as your previous post suggests......'gaining an advantage' ? :t:

15.2.9 When the Green Start Light is illuminated, no movement of the motorcycle is permitted, nor any additional time allowance or outside assistance can be given.

Refs view was possibly obscured by padded fence panel and was trainee ref, heat one and challenge exhibition match

Got to hand it to Boxall, his starting technique is quite unbelievable and even though it is technically illegal, you've got to admire him.

His skill is such that he could have reached the very peak of the sport if his mechanical expertise had matched.

Would love to know how you can do that as we have all seen in the past riders being dragged into the tapes because of a slipping clutch.

I guess he could be using a warming of the tyre technique?

One thing is for sure though, if any ref's read this they will be looking out for it more, its not something you see very often at all.

I do remember seeing it in the past at Arena where a rider done it in every heat he rode and the wheel rear spoiler was pattened in a way which made it easy to spot (not for the ref though) Don't ask me who it was, it was a long time ago, I am thinking early to mid 90's when i stood on the home straight more to left of the tapes, so i had a really clear view of the rear part of the bikes.

Would love to know how you can do that as we have all seen in the past riders being dragged into the tapes because of a slipping clutch.

I guess he could be using a warming of the tyre technique?

One thing is for sure though, if any ref's read this they will be looking out for it more, its not something you see very often at all.

I do remember seeing it in the past at Arena where a rider done it in every heat he rode and the wheel rear spoiler was pattened in a way which made it easy to spot (not for the ref though) Don't ask me who it was, it was a long time ago, I am thinking early to mid 90's when i stood on the home straight more to left of the tapes, so i had a really clear view of the rear part of the bikes.

I think its a technique that is creeping in with a few riders, sit off the seat, creep the clutch then drop themselves down as the tapes go up. Obviously the smarter riders use fixed wheel spoilers to cover this a little better than Steve Boxall has.

On the subject of tyre warming am i the only one who thinks it should be banned like it is in the GP's it really gets on my nerves and delays starts no end.

I think its a technique that is creeping in with a few riders, sit off the seat, creep the clutch then drop themselves down as the tapes go up. Obviously the smarter riders use fixed wheel spoilers to cover this a little better than Steve Boxall has.

On the subject of tyre warming am i the only one who thinks it should be banned like it is in the GP's it really gets on my nerves and delays starts no end.

Agree it's really annoying and should be banned.

This clip is on youtube, shows quite blatently that Boxalls rear wheel was spinning (slipping clutch) prior to the tapes going up and should have been stopped as the bike was moving before the tapes went up and this gave him a clear advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uwlzja3MQ

How will I sleep tonight knowing that a rider was slightly rolling in heat one of a challenge meeting.

You will sleep just fine until it happens to you in a fixture that does matter, say a cup final or a league decider, then you might feel slightly different, challenge match or not, it's the thin edge of the wedge.