British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

So you dont think BV will make the top 4 but Poole will. Strange.

What?? I think we would beat the 4th placed team whoever that is whilst Wolves beat BV making it a Swindon Wolves final.

It depends how Swindon finish the season. They may have peaked a bit too soon and come short against Wolves or possibly Rye House.

Would fancy Swindon against BV as previous results indicate that we go well round there. Swindon will miss Zach, both for his points and for team cohesion.

It's difficult to call. I think probably a Swindon v Wolves final, with the Wolves track coming up trumps for the Midlands side.

• Like 1

If Swindon dont have injuries they will win. I think they will face Wolves in the final. Belle Vue would be stronger with Fricke back but even with him i dont see them winning. Nothing to do with home track advantage or lack of it there riders just arnt good enough

Everytime Belle Vue lose at home it because there is no home advantage. Nothing to do with the fact that the other team rode better................

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 1

Even as a Poole fan I think it would be better for the play offs if Poole didn't qualify, they have no chance of winning and Rye House could cause any team problems especially with Nicholls and Harris rolling back the years.

same as me dont think poole will challenge any of the top three and as you say rye will make the play offs more interesting

So nobody fancies the Aces ?... Ok

there form book says no at the moment ?

Wolves only appear to ride better when at home.

Weird that.

All teams ride better at home. Very weird that.😁

All teams ride better at home. Very weird that.

True but looking at the home points for and against in this week's Speedway Star Wolves are +143, Swindon +75, Belle Vue +80, Rye +47, Poole +18, Somerset +49, King's Lynn +12 and Leicester +0.

Not all teams have ridden the same number of matches and the points difference is affected by team strengths but those figures undoubtedly show that Wolves have a much bigger home advantage than any other team.

If you want further analysis then on average teams win at home by the following number of points.

Wolves 13, Swindon 7.5, Belle Vue 7.27, Rye 5.22, Poole 1.5, Somerset 4.08, King's Lynn 1.2 and Leicester 0.

Can you tell I'm bored waiting for F1 to start. 😂

Edited by Aces51

Why is that?

Because your supposed to have something called home advantage.

I don't think you're necessarily supposed to have home advantage, it's not a requirement but teams invariably do because they become familiar with the racing lines and where you are more likely to get grip. The point here is that even taking into account the strength of the teams Wolves seem to have a significantly greater home advantage than others. We had it at the dog track, although it was less obvious because we so often had poor teams.

Edited by Aces51

True but looking at the home points for and against in this week's Speedway Star Wolves are +143, Swindon +75, Belle Vue +80, Rye +47, Poole +18, Somerset +49, King's Lynn +12 and Leicester +0.

Not all teams have ridden the same number of matches and the points difference is affected by team strengths but those figures undoubtedly show that Wolves have a much bigger home advantage than any other team.

Well, I will look into your figures. However Wolves finished bottom of the table a few years ago.Was there any less of a home advantage then or did we just have a crap team ? The flip side of the coin, we have had good teams in the last few years.

I don't for one minute think we won't build up some home advantage it's just everything is still new in speedway terms and the current track team have only been at it a year due to Meredith Snr retiring.

There is a lot of inconsistency in the finished track presented to the riders and we seem slower to change things on the bikes to suit what's needed. I think the away team who arrive with a clean slate find it easier to make the small tweaks to get the best performance.

Everybody loved Hyde Rd and even though it was very fair to all, we still had a home advantage that had been built up over time.