British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Leicester Followed By Swindon - Somerset 28.8.17

No meeting or team writeups on this yet but this double header could be interesting.

Swindon have now won 14 meetings in a row and normally I would go for a win against both these teams, but both Somerset and Leicester have had good wins against the odds on friday so we should be a little wary of them.

The Somerset team should have more of their own riders and will be a different proposition to the team we thrashed on thursday 57 - 35.

The meeting starts at 4pm and has Cycle racing between the two meetings.

No meeting or team writeups on this yet but this double header could be interesting.

Swindon have now won 14 meetings in a row and normally I would go for a win against both these teams, but both Somerset and Leicester have had good wins against the odds on friday so we should be a little wary of them.

The Somerset team should have more of their own riders and will be a different proposition to the team we thrashed on thursday 57 - 35.

They won't get many cycle races in after 4 laps of the track😀😀

Take it they will be on the little track.

Are either of the cycle teams the Poole Pirates? I only ask as they have lost so many home matches by wide margins I was under the impression it was cycles they were riding...

• Like 1

Todd Kurtz and Mitchell Davey at reserve for the Robins. Leicester have their team minus Przedpelski r/r. Somerset have Lunna in for Kerr plus question marks over Heeps Allen and Hougaard.

I think both of these will both be close. Hopefully we can keep the run going.

Edited by Anzum
  • Like 1

Todd Kurtz and Mitchell Davey at reserve for the Robins. Leicester have their team minus Przedpelski r/r. Somerset have Lunna in for Kerr plus question marks over Heeps Allen and Hougaard.

I think both of these will both be close. Hopefully we can keep the run going.

You must be joking, two wins for the Robins by at least 15 both times.

• Like 1

Leicester could be harder than people are thinking, they pushed us hard in the meeting on 3rd August & were level 37 -37 after heat 12. It took 3 successive 5 - 1's to wrap up that meeting. They won away at Belle Vue on Thursday & then trounced the Rebels at home on Saturday, so one imagines their tails are held high at present. The Robins will have to be on song from the start, I fear. I'm always been weary of double headers, often it can be win one lose one. This Rebel side could be a tougher task than last Thursday. Also, if the weather stays good, the track for the 2nd meeting could be a little slick. So come on then boys, let's see you at your best for 2 meetings. Win them both & with Belle Vue having a tough meeting at Wolverhampton, we could be 10 points clear with 3 meetings to go, if results go our way.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

Lower down Lions look pretty potent , Somerset more fitness issues Luna Lovegood will be interesting although think Kerr could had made hay against out 'reserves' can't see Davey getting anywhere near anyone in those two sides

Lower down Lions look pretty potent , Somerset more fitness issues Luna Lovegood will be interesting although think Kerr could had made hay against out 'reserves' can't see Davey getting anywhere near anyone in those two sides

I posted earlier that we may need to be wary of these two and with our reserves and the likes of Josh Bates for Leicester could really push us but think we will win against Somerset .

Even if we lose it will not affect our position in the league.

Swindon haven't found Leicester easy to beat, won 2 lost 1, will go 52-40,

Against Zummerrzet 3 wins out of 3, will go 56-34.

Should be bumper crowd in the Bank Holiday sunshine, and hopefully 16 wins in a row.

Jake Allen is back for the Rebels I understand which makes us stronger.