British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Swindon Vs Wolves 31/8/17

Why should the start time be delayed due to the late arrival of a rider?

Is it covered by the rules?

• Like 1

Why should the start time be delayed due to the late arrival of a rider?

Is it covered by the rules?

Are you having a laugh, I've been to numerous matches where the starts been delayed for late arrival of the away riders, it's called sportsmanship and not short changing the fans, for the sake of a short delay.

• Like 2

Good god speedway meetings are painful to watch these days. That's even before we discuss the quality of the racing. 15 heats but about 25 starts. Two minutes between all those, plus pauses for rides on the trot, track grades and the ref to clip their toenails.

Some can't be helped but the whole jumping the start saga has been a complete joke this season. Got to do something to discourage it and speed the process up between starts if it does happen.

• Like 1

Are you having a laugh, I've been to numerous matches where the starts been delayed for late arrival of the away riders, it's called sportsmanship and not short changing the fans, for the sake of a short delay.

I very much doubt short changing the fans comes into the thinking of many promoters . :D

Updates saying Doyle delayed on the motorway, start put back to 7:45. Hmmm......

So the start time is held up for one rider, seriously?

would Swindon have done it for Freddie? ?

Is it in the rules then??

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Swindon Speedway‏ @swindonspeedway 1h1 hour ago
More
TONIGHT'S parade now 7.45pm. Jason Doyle in serious delays from a sadly fatal m-way accident. Thanks @wolvesspeedway for co-operation.

Wow - 17 wins in a row - a new record this century. Swindon finish top of the league - not bad for a team written off at the start of the season. Now it all begins with the 4 teams level. Bring on the Pirates :t:

• Like 1

And there you have it, we help anyone who asks.

Wow - 17 wins in a row - a new record this century. Swindon finish top of the league - not bad for a team written off at the start of the season. Now it all begins with the 4 teams level. Bring on the Pirates :t:

Fair play to the Robins, 2 home defeats and a draw ( I think) and still finish top of the league. That is some achievement.

• Like 1

Masters and Riss still half fit

No Schlein

No Howarth

Lindgren struggling

Comfortable win for Swindon as predicted. Masters needs to get his bike issues sorted out by the sounds of it too, packed up twice costing us 4 points tonight.

Masters and Riss still half fit

No Schlein

No Howarth

Lindgren struggling

Comfortable win for Swindon as predicted. Masters needs to get his bike issues sorted out by the sounds of it too, packed up twice costing us 4 points tonight.

i'm know we are using r/r but 4 heat winners is poor.

I think the changes bringing in Tobias has helped massively but each rider has more than done more than was what was expected.

We wouldn't have made the play offs with either Emil or Dany in the team so Ripken were correct to write that team off.

We miss Zach big time & are not as strong with Bradley at reserve as that is a big thing.

Look at Poole since Lahti has gone to reserve & replaces Starke in a ride a meeting plus one of Shanes as well.

Edited by Crazy robin

So the start time is held up for one rider, seriously?

would Swindon have done it for Freddie? ?

Is it in the rules then??

Yea of course ..little point in spoiling a match for The fans with so little on it. I would happy for Fred to still ride if he was 10 mins late .Who wants to win matches in that manner because someone has been killed in a road accident. Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Yea of course ..little point in spoiling a match for The fans with so little on it. I would happy for Fred to still ride if he was 10 mins late .Who wants to win matches in that manner

As it turns out, it wouldn't have have made any difference ! And I'm a Fred fan.