British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Wolves - Swindon Followed By Wolves - Kings Lynn 4.9.17

As someone who has been to Leicester this season i don't think it has improved, never been to Rye House but the televised meeting had a couple of nasty crashes.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

As someone who has been to Leicester this season i don't think it has improved, never been to Rye House but the televised meeting had a couple of nasty crashes.

Oh dear, a different opinion to FF, now you're in for it.

• Like 3

I always have a different opinion to FF!!

Well on this forum I think he is in a minority of..................................................................................1. Shame, as virtually all of the rest of the Aces fans are fine.

• Like 3

A bit obsessional maybe...

some have a life, still, each to their own.

I always have a different opinion to FF!!

That's everyone bar one.

• Like 1

I'm happy to back up my opinions with facts but you describe my opinions as guff. You don't appear to know the facts surrounding the Belle Vue fiasco so I helped a bit without describing your opinion as guff or claiming you hate all things Aces. I'm not that bothered but I think responding to an alternative opinion with childish insults isn't helpful.

I watched the Leicester meeting and you are right but the point is that they have recognised that there is an issue and they have tried to put it right. By all accounts, and the tv meeting does support it, the racing has improved this season.

I call your opinions guff because that's exactly what they are. 7 withdrawals for injuries due to the horror track, really!!! I can only find 4 official withdrawals due to injuries.

#1 Kyle Howarth v Poole caught Hans Andersen's back wheel coming out of turn 4, could have happened at any track

#2 James Shames in the same meeting, has an incident with Greaves in his first race and is excluded, completes his second ride and gets a point, then withdraws with a hand injury, leaving the much stronger Starke to take his remaining ride

#3 and #4 Josh Auty and Tom Perry, typical first corner bunching leading to Riss making contact with Auty who then loses control and makes contact with Greaves and Perry, all of them ending up in the air fence

And that's it as far as official withdrawals for injury goes, 4 not 7!!!

I assume two of the others you are referring to are Greaves in the last meeting who withdrew as his bike was trashed, and not injury, and the Lindgren incident which you keep banging on about, posting video links from YouTube at every opportunity. Hardly a bad crash as he stayed on his bike. Although you say the poor chap was just taking the same line he always takes, in reality he was unsettled by Morris coming up up the inside, put his leg down to steady himself and twisted his knee. Very unfortunate but hardly how you describe it. He didn't withdraw from the meeting as he had completed his programmed rides.

In total that's 6, what was the 7th or did you just think of the 1st number to come in your head.

If I think your one man crusade against Monmore is guff then I'm not afraid to say it.

• Like 2

Not again?

Find the post where you think I said '7 withdrawals for injuries due to the horror track', read it carefully and then you will realise why you 'can only find 4 official withdrawals due to injuries.'

Once you've read it and understood it you will probably be able to find more than seven examples. You'll be able to point out I was wrong if it makes you feel better.

So I forgot the last bit about "or missed subsequent meetings" that doesnt make me a liar does it. Nor does it change the fact that they weren't really caused by the track does it

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

Did anyone else pick up on the post match interview (on BT Sport) between Kelvin Tatum and Pete Adams? Kelvin asked Pete a very reasonable question regarding choice of first leg venue for the play off semi final which prompted an unnecessary confrontational response from Pete. Kelvin covered himself with his response to Pete's accusation that he had not done his homework but was clearly miffed (and rightly so) at the juvenile response to his simple question. Pete Adams did not do the sport any favours in front of the TV cameras. Having a face resembling that of a camel (anyone else spotted that?) is no reason to have the hump!

• Like 2

Did anyone else pick up on the post match interview (on BT Sport) between Kelvin Tatum and Pete Adams? Kelvin asked Pete a very reasonable question regarding choice of first leg venue for the play off semi final which prompted an unnecessary confrontational response from Pete. Kelvin covered himself with his response to Pete's accusation that he had not done his homework but was clearly miffed (and rightly so) at the juvenile response to his simple question. Pete Adams did not do the sport any favours in front of the TV cameras. Having a face resembling that of a camel (anyone else spotted that?) is no reason to have the hump!

Yes it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Mr Adams was the one who hadn't done his homework as Wolves didn't have the choice last year against Poole as they came 3rd, Poole 2nd. Tatum was quite correct that when given the choice, Wolves have chosen to have the 1st leg at home. I got the impression Adams wanted the first leg at home but had been over ruled by the riders, hence the way he responded.

• Like 4

Yes it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Mr Adams was the one who hadn't done his homework as Wolves didn't have the choice last year against Poole as they came 3rd, Poole 2nd. Tatum was quite correct that when given the choice, Wolves have chosen to have the 1st leg at home. I got the impression Adams wanted the first leg at home but had been over ruled by the riders, hence the way he responded.

I do have a lot of respect for Peter Adams with all he has achieved with Wolves but he didn't seem to fully think his answer through and maybe some don't like Tatum but he isn't stupid and he certainly won that battle.

• Like 1

Can all Wolves fans get ready to dig deep tomorrow,there will be another go fiund me account set up tonight as Nathen Greeves is riding again.its a shame someone doesn't set up one for all his victims

#learntotideabike

Can all Wolves fans get ready to dig deep tomorrow,there will be another go fiund me account set up tonight as Nathen Greeves is riding again.its a shame someone doesn't set up one for all his victims

#learntotideabike

The last one wasn't his fault, he was wiped out as Auty flew towards the airfence

• Like 1

It must be a Wolves thing.

Make a perfectly reasonable remark then get an in your face argumentative response. To make it worse the response is factually incorrect.

I wonder if Kelvin will put Adams on ignore?

• Like 1

Adams in dead pan reply shocker.

He was wrong about last year tho.