British Speedway Forum
The Observer

Leicester Lions 2018

palm toff must be on your shopping list after last night ?

Couldn't agree more - Michael Palm Toft ought to be one rider on the Lions radar for next season ... he rides Beaumont Park well!!

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, there were a few lads putting themselves in the shop window last night. With the early investment coming in from Watling JCB, (very welcome I might add), let's hope they can secure some signings before others swoop-in on the best riders.

We've the foundations of something really good here now let's push-on and make the most of it. Can't wait for 2018!

It would be pertinent to remind folks that Kim Nilsson is a Lakeside asset and the latter are likely to be back in the top league next year.

I was thinking that, but if Lakeside return so could AJ especially if it is regularly fixed race nights. If Ipswich return to the top flight also, one would think King would stay with them. Guess no-one knows until BSPA decide what they are doing in 2018.

The continued and increased sponsorship by JCB is excellent and will help move the club forward both on and off track.

It is going to be an exciting and interesting winter for Leicester fans with track work set to take place to bends 3 & 4 to create more lines and to take out some of the bumps that have appeared over the season.

From what I got told last night Leicester have 3 riders names that they are keen to have and opened initial discussions with.

Obviously not a lot can be confirmed until after the conference but the club have set a top priority of getting the No1 sorted as they realise this is where Leicester have struggled for the last couple of seasons. The have two good no2 and then good support riders in mind.

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more - Michael Palm Toft ought to be one rider on the Lions radar for next season ... he rides Beaumont Park well!!

14 points, its a shame he didn't do it on a regular basis at Scunthorpe!!!

I would go

Palm Toft

Eric Riss

Kim Nilsson

Kyle Newman

Then basically build around that, if Ipswich don't go up then Hume at 7, Newman at 6

Riss, Toft, Nilsson maybe with Morris at 1 then if team limit is 42 you've got around 7 left so either get someone from Britain in or take a punt on an assessed rider just not Pawel

I would go

Palm Toft

Eric Riss

Kim Nilsson

Kyle Newman

Then basically build around that, if Ipswich don't go up then Hume at 7, Newman at 6

Riss, Toft, Nilsson maybe with Morris at 1 then if team limit is 42 you've got around 7 left so either get someone from Britain in or take a punt on an assessed rider just not Pawel

Problem with that is Kim is a Lakeside asset and will most likely go back.

And I imagine Kyle would pick Ipswich if they come up. Less travel.

What's going on? I watched the so called Promotion/ Relegation playoffs and Leicester won- easily. So what's all this stuff about Lakeside and Ipswich? If they are going to return what's to stop Sheffield from going up as well. I assume they do want to go up don't they? :o

The continued and increased sponsorship by JCB is excellent and will help move the club forward both on and off track.

It is going to be an exciting and interesting winter for Leicester fans with track work set to take place to bends 3 & 4 to create more lines and to take out some of the bumps that have appeared over the season.

From what I got told last night Leicester have 3 riders names that they are keen to have and opened initial discussions with.

Obviously not a lot can be confirmed until after the conference but the club have set a top priority of getting the No1 sorted as they realise this is where Leicester have struggled for the last couple of seasons. The have two good no2 and then good support riders in mind.

When/where is this conference thing? Anybody know?

Getting E.Riss commitment would be a good start, maybe on a transfer if they can afford it.

No.1? Somebody who is currently a good No.2 and is ready to take a step forward, and it would be even better if he has a good record at BP.

Problem with that is Kim is a Lakeside asset and will most likely go back.

I recall that just prior to the first leg v Sheffield Kim stated that he would ride for the Lions in 2018 whichever league they were in. I'm not sure how these things work in terms of riders being an asset of one club or another but I recall Doyley also was happy to ride for the Lions despite Swindon wanting him back and only the issues of Saturday racing and (possibly) not being paid forced his hand to return to the Robins.

Bottom line is that being an asset of Lakeside does not automatically mean Kim will ride for them if they do return to the top flight.

Edited by 1 valve

I recall that just prior to the first leg v Sheffield Kim stated that he would ride for the Lions in 2018 whichever league they were in. I'm not sure how these things work in terms of riders being an asset of one club or another but I recall Doyley also was happy to ride for the Lions despite Swindon wanting him back and only the issues of Saturday racing and (possibly) not being paid forced his hand to return to the Robins.

Bottom line is that being an asset of Lakeside does not automatically mean Kim will ride for them if they do return to the top flight.

Clever tactics from Jason using Saturday as a problem as he was desperate to be back as a Robin.