British Speedway Forum

They were cannon fodder for years because they kept putting together poor teams, lowering the points limit, poor team, lowering points limit etc on the basis that they couldn't make it pay. Now they can apparently with potentially the most expensive rider in the league.

I would be very happy if Ipswich stayed where they are in the second tier too!

But still not in a relegation position twice like a certain other team. 😛

Of course there once was a rule introduced that if a team used the same riders all season with no changes that team could be retained the following year. The idea being to allow continuity and encourage other teams to build up to the strong.

Then 1998 happened and that was quickly discarded....

Agree if they decide to weaken the teams just to allow one or two teams in, we had enough of that with Eastbourne for a period.

Eastbourne and there egg bowl was a pain in the butt

Agree if they decide to weaken the teams just to allow one or two teams in, we had enough of that with Eastbourne for a period.

But then you cant complain if the new boys try to attract the top riders - perhaps we should only be allowed Robert Miskowiak and the like again

Ipswich have a very wealthy sponsor now though that loves his speedway..that could make a lot of difference.

One that if he wanted to could buy the whole league 10 times over..

Not that he would want to - you dont have the success he has had by making business decisions like that 😆

Still 8 teams in premiership. So Swindon are safe. Doyle will stay

• Like 2

Unless theyve swapped with someone 😛

8 sides declared for Premiership next season

Unless someone drops down sounds as you were

No guarantee of that be mad though if they don't go with him

If the fixed race night's will be Monday and Wednesday how are Swindon fixed because dogs are on both of them night's???

If the fixed race night's will be Monday and Wednesday how are Swindon fixed because dogs are on both of them night's???

How did we run our home plays off matches if dogs are on a Mondays night ?

The dogs race at the moment starting at 11am and finishing at 2pm on a monday, so we can race but prep time on the track could be difficult if we have have bad weather during the afternoon.

Edited by A ORLOV

Im sure Doyle said a little while back hed only do uk if next year if its a fixed race night so thats probably why rosco being coy on him being in the team next year.

How did we run our home plays off matches if dogs are on a Mondays night ?

Yeah I know that. But I diddnt know if dogs were during day or whether they were happy to relinquish monday night's every now and again for a speedway TV meeting

That's the same Ipswich who for years dragged down the quality of the EL before they finally jumped ship down to the second tier. Now rumoured to be coming back up with no less than the world champion leading them - I certainly hope not! :mad:

You are talking eight years ago, I'd suggest the club is a very different animal now.

Anyway seems there will he no extra clubs in the top flight which is a great shame.

• Like 1

So we have to choose between the 1st Swindon world champ in years or last seasons rider of the year. Absolute joke. We should be able to track both if we want.

• Like 1

So we have to choose between the 1st Swindon world champ in years or last seasons rider of the year. Absolute joke. We should be able to track both if we want.

Agreed. Stupid rule. You have been penalised for winning the league.

• Like 1

Not so sure on that, it's either Doyle or Morris. For me, although I really like Doyle, it has to be Morris. Jason admitted last season that he had not pushed himself in team meetings to prioritise the GP's due to his injury. As he seems to suffer an injury most seasons, then Morris seems the better bet & I think he has still some improvement in him. Musielak must be in their too.