British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich v Peterborough CS 5-4-18@7-30pm

So what do we reckon on our chances of finally getting our season under way on Thursday? 

After the total washout that was supposed to be a feast of speedway over the Easter weekend hopefully we'll actually get a meeting to watch! 

The majority of the Witches have at least had some time on their bikes but not around the slightly reshaped Foxhall track. The only one who doesn't know his way round our home shale is Michael Hartel but hopefully it won't take him long to get dialed in. 

Anyway,  looking at the potential teams it should theoretically be a comfortable home win whilst getting in some much needed laps and the guys starting to earn some money. 

Opinions?

And weather permitting all systems go. 

Unless we get a bitog luck i can't see us getting anything 

Just now, Flappy said:

Unless we get a bitog luck i can't see us getting anything 

You normally do so I wouldn’t rule it out :P

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646057

at the moment BCD the forecast is for more wet stuff right up until Thursday. That’s a hell of a lot of water the track will have taken considering the amount it’s already taken recently. 

The temperatures are on the rise it looks like though so hopefully that will help dry things out on Thursday if that forecast is accurate. 

It will certainly be a test of the new drainage

A dry 24 before though always gives a chance when you have a decent set up to get things right

Fingers crossed

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You normally do so I wouldn’t rule it out :P

Dont need luck when the oppostion just hands things on a plate for you 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

Looking at the latest forecast on MET Office it looks like we may get lucky on Thurs.  More rain due on Wed but Tue and Thurs should be dry .

Think it's gonna depend on how much damage has already been done over the Easter weekend to the track with all the rain that's already come down.  

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Super Blue said:

So what do we reckon on our chances of finally getting our season under way on Thursday? 

After the total washout that was supposed to be a feast of speedway over the Easter weekend hopefully we'll actually get a meeting to watch! 

The majority of the Witches have at least had some time on their bikes but not around the slightly reshaped Foxhall track. The only one who doesn't know his way round our home shale is Michael Hartel but hopefully it won't take him long to get dialed in. 

Anyway,  looking at the potential teams it should theoretically be a comfortable home win whilst getting in some much needed laps and the guys starting to earn some money. 

Opinions?

And weather permitting all systems go. 

I can see only two possible outcome's , a  easy home win or postponement due to waterlogged track.

• Like 1

A pleasant dry day with improving temperatures in the mid teens forecast for Thursday, but more showers expected throughout tomorrow. 

You have to wonder whether a full dry day on Thursday will be enough to dry out the track enough to prepare a meeting because the amount of rain that’s fell over the last handful of days has been ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

A pleasant dry day with improving temperatures in the mid teens forecast for Thursday, but more showers expected throughout tomorrow. 

You have to wonder whether a full dry day on Thursday will be enough to dry out the track enough to prepare a meeting because the amount of rain that’s fell over the last handful of days has been ridiculous. 

Following a wash out over Easter I should think their will be a few Panthers fans likely to come to this so regular weather updates over the next couple of days would be helpful.

Just passing by so popped in and car park and track look in decent shape

I will post a couple of pics if crop works to get with forum file size limits!