British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien round 1, 8 May 2018

2 minutes ago, Losthammer said:

Have you found the stream patchy Dave. I’m watching on Polish TV and they’ve lost the feed several times. 

It's been woeful on Premier. Turned it off as it was so patchy. Cutting in and out halfway through heats. Completely ruined the meeting.

It'll need to get a lot better going forward.

6 minutes ago, CB252 said:

It's been woeful on Premier. Turned it off as it was so patchy. Cutting in and out halfway through heats. Completely ruined the meeting.

It'll need to get a lot better going forward.

Thanks for replying. I’ve not been very impressed with the presentation either. As you say they’re going to have to get better. It has settled down (touch wood) so hopefully it’s teething troubles.

the problem is, i think at the Swedish end, they must be providing the stream, because i turned off the polish eleven sports stream to watch premier sports and they are both the same

ruined it for me too, just watching the updates now

17 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

the problem is, i think at the Swedish end, they must be providing the stream, because i turned off the polish eleven sports stream to watch premier sports and they are both the same

ruined it for me too, just watching the updates now

Yeah, there is lots of complaint on their facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/speedwayplay/reviews/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/speedwayplay/community/?ref=page_internal

I didn't watch this any of the meetings (neither stream or on location since I have an exam tomorrow) so I don't
know myself yet if it was good or bad.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Smederna had almost the same amount of spectators as the other three meetings combined, 5431 vs, 6031.
However, I do think to an extent that Vetlanda and Västervik might steal some spectators of each other.

I had to give up on it too.  You should not have to memorize the score and heat, let alone having to imagine what happened in a race because you could not see it.  Hopefully Premier Sports will be complaining quite strongly about the poor quality of the feed they received as that was unacceptable.

Another quick questions regarding new rules to our friend Ghost.

Can tactical subs still be used in heat 14? Expected Masarna to "play" both Lindback and Tai in heat 14 and then again as nominated top scorers in heat 15. 

But instead Prz Pawlicki and Kim Nilsson were used in ht 14.

Haven't really seen which team signed which riders over the winter. Looking at tonight's lineups. Rospiggarna are walking the title injuries permitting, Lejonen you can stick a fork in now.

Edited by Col

6 hours ago, krompa said:

Another quick questions regarding new rules to our friend Ghost.

Can tactical subs still be used in heat 14? Expected Masarna to "play" both Lindback and Tai in heat 14 and then again as nominated top scorers in heat 15. 

But instead Prz Pawlicki and Kim Nilsson were used in ht 14.

no that is not possible. Heat 13 is the  last heat in which you use tac-sub. 

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Just watched the Vastervik v Indianerna match on video(my subscription) and echo everything about the cutting in and out( not acceptable) and the graphics only came to life half- way through. The commentator Stefan Klemetz(ex c more ?) was obviously in a studio and was getting the same stop start pictures. the quality of the HD picture was good however and i`m prepared to put it down to 1st night glitches. I will post further after i have watched the other 3 matches.

Yeah Stefan Klemetz is a veteran motorsport commentator who works/has worked as motorsport commentator for SVT and C-more.
He knows allot about speedway but I think he would need an expert to join him and they should obviously be on location at
the track with a reporter doing interviews.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I recorded the Premier coverage after I gave up watching it live and revisited it later in the evening. The freezing and glitching did become less frequent in the second half of the meeting so hopefully they can iron out going forward. Must have been a nightmare for Dave to commentate on.

I suspect that the freesports edit tomorrow night will be a lot more watchable, albeit with at least 4 complete heats missing I would think.

Many apologies for the problems with the footage from Vastervik last night - it was a power problem with the picture source at trackside I'm told so it will hopefully be rectified fully for next week's meeting.  Thanks to all who tuned in.

Just watched Vetlanda v Maserna - there are 2 options   1 3 minutes highlights or the full match 2 hours plus. 1  camera coverage with commentary was ok however the picture kept freezing which spoilt it considerably. I also think the graphics leave a lot to be desired as no line up for any races were shown. The time line on the video also doesn`t show a still picture as many do so it`s really a pain trying to get to the next race and cut out the gaps( oh for a 15 heat speedway for all edit !!!!)

just 2 to watch now !!