British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Swindon 14/5/18 BT Sport

On 5/14/2018 at 8:28 PM, Starman2006 said:

Couldnt give a monkeys what you say mate. theres no more that 400 there. What a way to drive fans away. And wheres all this passing on this super dupper track. farce.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:26 PM, hyderd said:

Wow, I knew you were bitter but are you sure you had the TV on. there was more passing in heat 9 than you see all season down south, Dan Bewley beating T Batchelor twice from the back just fantastic, the 5-1 in heat 14 had the fans on their feet and if that had of been your turbo twins in years gone by we would still be hearing about it.

Yes the attendance was very poor, a mixture of Monday night speedway, it being on the TV. and as Mr Fundin as pointed out Manchester City were on their victory parade. Hopefully the powers that be will realise that they are killing speedway over here, change the race nights to suit all fans (not just the chosen few;)) and let profesional people run our sport.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, Starman2006 said:

What did i say about heat 9 ? read the bleedin posts.  It seems your the one A who dont read, and B didnt watch the meeting. Dont make excuses, your promotion didnt even dangle a carrot, very poor show. NOW, and what did i say about young Bewley, clearly you didnt read that either, if you did you chose to ignore it..

what did you say about heat 9 in the post I quoted, nothing! What did you say about Dan Bewley in your post I quoted, again nothing. the only thing we agree on is the numbers attending the meeting, was very poor and must be a worry for our promotion, however I would hazard a guess that it was that poor mainly because of the celebrations in the City for the blue half.

As for our super duper track, it's because it's super duper that it gives the riders confidence to race, as was witnessed in heat 9

So to quote yourself (only I wont be as rude as you). Read the post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Personally, Monday nights at Belle Vue is pretty hopeless for me because of work commitments.

If matches were on Fridays or Saturdays I would be there most weeks, but Monday is literally the worst night of the week to hold a speedway meeting.

21 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Does anyone know if the Tungate Musi race has been posted anywhere on social media please?

Al the heats with Polish commentary, heat 9 is at about 11.30

Whilst watching this back I was reminded about the RR in heat one that I’d like to gauge opinion on. 

It’s my belief that if you are running RR and one of your reserves needs to take one of the rides, you always run the reserve in heat one as it gives him a go on the track and (hopefully) an advantage in heat two. Mark doesn’t do this and I’d be interested what other fans thought. 

13 minutes ago, ouch said:

Whilst watching this back I was reminded about the RR in heat one that I’d like to gauge opinion on. 

It’s my belief that if you are running RR and one of your reserves needs to take one of the rides, you always run the reserve in heat one as it gives him a go on the track and (hopefully) an advantage in heat two. Mark doesn’t do this and I’d be interested what other fans thought. 

I think that's a valid tactic but so is using a rider who may help hit the opposition hard with a heat advantage in heat 1, preferably a 5-1. Both options are tactically sound providing you have riders who can give you a reasonable chance of either benefiting from the first heat and then winning heat 2 or getting the 5-1.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is Fricke giving his all for Aces.Beating much better riders in Poland every week.

Nice try :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/05/2018 at 11:19 AM, Fromafar said:

Is Fricke giving his all for Aces.Beating much better riders in Poland every week.

Excuse me. That was his first bad match for us and he still got 9 points 

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Your excused!

• Haha 1