British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

Just now, stevebrum said:

Jacob was 6th best away average overall in 2017 so not traditional at all.

That’s not where he should be though. Countless times he had poor scores away.

48 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Stronger than belle Vue .Surely not!

I speak openly and honestly. It’s just an opinion.

If you get pawliki then you’ll have the strongest septet. If you don’t, you won’t 

Just now, stevebrum said:

Jacob was 6th best away average overall in 2017 so not traditional at all.

He was but everything was inflated that season due to riding at 4 all year.

That said, like you, I wouldn't say he 'traditionally struggles' on the road.

• Like 1

Just now, acef said:

It’s irrelevant where he ‘should be’ tho. He was. So your point doesn’t stack up.

He has had several poor away performances as a Wolf but many top scoring as well.

Besides Doyle and Lambert this year I don’t think one other rider other than Lindgren the year before had a good away record.

so your point can apply to just about every other top end league rider.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

He was but everything was inflated that season due to riding at 4 all year.

That said, like you, I wouldn't say he 'traditionally struggles' on the road.

Correct, he doesn’t. Which was my point. Besides the odd poor meeting he has been decent value away the past few seasons now hence why the point acef made isn’t a valid one.

12 minutes ago, acef said:

Think you misread that, wasn't 6th in the Wolves team, but 6th highest away average overall in 2017.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, acef said:

I speak openly and honestly. It’s just an opinion.

If you get pawliki then you’ll have the strongest septet. If you don’t, you won’t 

I don't think Poole will get Pawlicki!!!!

56 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Think you misread that, wasn't 6th in the Wolves team, but 6th highest away average overall in 2017.

I understood it.

As a number 1, in an 8 team league, 6th isn’t anything to shout about imo. 

He had some good meetings, but was inconsistent for a number 1 and nowhere the level of Freddie.

If you get Pawliki you’ve got yourself a proper number 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

It’s irrelevant where he ‘should be’ tho. He was. So your point doesn’t stack up.

He has had several poor away performances as a Wolf but many top scoring as well.

Besides Doyle and Lambert this year I don’t think one other rider other than Lindgren the year before had a good away record.

so your point can apply to just about every other top end league rider.

He’s prone to the odd 4 or 5 point return on the road. I absolutely take your point that other teams have similar issues and those teams will also find it difficult on the road.

The way you’ve built is solid, really solid, but if you finish with Thorssell I think that will be the difference between you winning a title and not. Have Pawliki leading that team and you breeze the division imo.

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think Poole will get Pawlicki!!!!

I’ll bet you wish they could though :-)

16 minutes ago, acef said:

I understood it.

As a number 1, in an 8 team league, 6th isn’t anything to shout about imo. 

He had some good meetings, but was inconsistent for a number 1 and nowhere the level of Freddie.

If you get Pawliki you’ve got yourself a proper number 1

In fairness very few are near the level of Freddie in the top flight anymore so a little unfair comparison. 

6th best away average proves only 5 were better than him in all away matches last season.

This year he didn’t step up to the standard of a number one, but ditto Morris, Kurtz Iversen, Cook etc.

4 minutes ago, acef said:

He’s prone to the odd 4 or 5 point return on the road. I absolutely take your point that other teams have similar issues and those teams will also find it difficult on the road.

The way you’ve built is solid, really solid, but if you finish with Thorssell I think that will be the difference between you winning a title and not. Have Pawliki leading that team and you breeze the division imo.

Absolutely, he has had the odd stinker away this year but on the whole fairly decent and certainly not drastic.

With Thorssell we still have a solid look about the team. If we do sign Pawlicki assuming he is committed of course then it adds a whole different dynamic to the team. I’d have preferred Pawlicki instead of Schlein and also keep Jacob. We would extra points for final member.

that said I’m more than happy with what we have so far and what’s likely. I haven’t seen a more solid side yet besides Peterborough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fish keeper said:

May be get fixed up in the Championship to help him out.

In the past riders on assessed averages have not been able to double up

Must have an attained an average from the previous season in either league which is then converted

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

In fairness very few are near the level of Freddie in the top flight anymore so a little unfair comparison. 

6th best away average proves only 5 were better than him in all away matches last season.

This year he didn’t step up to the standard of a number one, but ditto Morris, Kurtz Iversen, Cook etc.

Absolutely, he has had the odd stinker away this year but on the whole fairly decent and certainly not drastic.

With Thorssell we still have a solid look about the team. If we do sign Pawlicki assuming he is committed of course then it adds a whole different dynamic to the team. I’d have preferred Pawlicki instead of Schlein and also keep Jacob. We would extra points for final member.

that said I’m more than happy with what we have so far and what’s likely. I haven’t seen a more solid side yet besides Peterborough.

If Pawlicki sign's i certainly would of kept Jacob,     Pawlicki , Jacob,Masters what a three that is ok you might  not of signed Morris but either way you will be a force in 2019.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not convinced by Peterborough myself.

Think you have a much better team even with Jacob.