British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

Just chill. On paper we have the best team in the league, we're back where we belong.

Enjoy it 

The 2019 line up have maybe three riders who can improve there averages.?  Cook, BWD, Wright the rest i cant see improving.Also away from home i cant see loads of race winners coming, look the side is a decent side  which the Peterborough fans deserve and i wish them luck for the season.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:44 AM, Sidney the robin said:

The 2019 line up have maybe three riders who can improve there averages.?  Cook, BWD, Wright the rest i cant see improving.Also away from home i cant see loads of race winners coming, look the side is a decent side  which the Peterborough fans deserve and i wish them luck for the season.

It’s one of those teams that you look at on paper, and 9 from 10 people will say yep, that’s decent that.

But I see what you see, and ageing team in part and others a team that is really quite average. I rate BWD highly, and that’s a great coup for the panthers, but aside I see a team that will fall short.

Dont get me wrong, in a 7 team league that will include a water carrier like Ipswich, it is going to be involved in a play off chat, but I think that’s as far as it goes.

The way people are talking, you would think they are favourites for the division.

I just don’t see it. I see a decent enough team but one that will ultimately miss the mark.

6 minutes ago, acef said:

It’s one of those teams that you look at on paper, and 9 from 10 people will say yep, that’s decent that.

But I see what you see, and ageing team in part and others a team that is really quite average. I rate BWD highly, and that’s a great coup for the panthers, but aside I see a team that will fall short.

Dont get me wrong, in a 7 team league that will include a water carrier like Ipswich, it is going to be involved in a play off chat, but I think that’s as far as it goes.

The way people are talking, you would think they are favourites for the division.

I just don’t see it. I see a decent enough team but one that will ultimately miss the mark.

So you have said, many many many times before....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

So you have said, many many many times before....

And I’ll keep saying it, it’s a forum after all, you know for opinions and stuff.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, Flappy said:

Just chill. On paper we have the best team in the league, we're back where we belong.

Enjoy it 

That's what the Poole fans were saying last pre season, OK they won the league, but not with the team that started the season. I see the same at P/Bora.

PS still happy to have P/bora back in the top flight though, great track that provides great racing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, acef said:

You are more than welcome to add you're opinions and it's rather pleasing that you rate Panthers as also ran's , equally we are more than happy to be classed as underdogs , that will suit us just fine, I love that feeling.

36 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

You are more than welcome to add you're opinions and it's rather pleasing that you rate Panthers as also ran's , equally we are more than happy to be classed as underdogs , that will suit us just fine, I love that feeling.

Yes but your not being classed as underdogs are you? That was the point I was making.

Im a minority voice. Most people believe this Peterborough team is the strongest named team so far.

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think the panthers will score more home points by average than any other team. 

Apart from Wolves.....Maybe 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 7:49 PM, Baldyman said:

I think the panthers will score more home points by average than any other team. 

Why, Am I right in saying most of the P/Boro team have not ridden for P/Bora before, therefore home advantage is minimal and therefore the track is equal to all riders. Similar to the NSS where we don't have a big home advantage as, let's say Wolves.

I see P/Bora holding their own at home by a fairly close score, but struggling on their travels.

acef, I'm with you in the minority league. 

Edited by hyderd

6 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Why, Am I right in saying most of the P/Bora team have not ridden for P/Bora before, therefore home advantage is minimal and therefore the track is equal to all riders. Similar to the NSS where we don't have a big home advantage as, let's say Wolves.

I see P/Bora holding their own at home by a fairly close score, but struggling on their travels.

All the 2019 Panthers have ridden for Boro before except Charles Wright, and he flies round the Showground...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

All the 2019 Panthers have ridden for Boro before except Charles Wright, and he flies round the Showground...

fair enough, still think they are over rated on paper

16 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Why, Am I right in saying most of the P/Bora team have not ridden for P/Bora before, therefore home advantage is minimal and therefore the track is equal to all riders. Similar to the NSS where we don't have a big home advantage as, let's say Wolves.

Only Charles Wright hasn't ridden for Panthers Before and as an opposing rider he has ridden the showground quite successfully so your assumption is totally wrong there.

17 minutes ago, hyderd said:

fair enough, still think they are over rated on paper

Time will tell, but it should be a very entertaining team to watch at home...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Time will tell, but it should be a very entertaining team to watch at home...

Entertaining and hopefully successful. Looking forward to the season.

• Like 5