British Speedway Forum
Spl77

Ipswich 2019

Good to see Bellego have a great meeting in the SEC qualifiers this afternoon, winning the meeting! Will do his confidence the world of good!

Edited by 89buttons
  • Like 1

Can’t see his confidence being boosted enough to do well tomorrow at Wolves. 

Just looked at his scores there for Swindon the last 2 years, they were 3, 4, 5 from 5 rides and his last visit last August was a big fat Zero from 3 rides. 

Clearly another of the small tracks he hates!

Lets hope he bucks the trend and surprises us tomorrow with a good score..

Any ideas what tracks he might score well on??? Cos it wasn't the new Swindon,,, so maybe belle Vue and the showground will be his best.  

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/louis-and-heeps-chat-to-mike-bacon-1-6027137

Interview with Chris Louis and Cam on the season so far. Chris seems pretty frustrated with a “missed opportunity” at Wolves where we should have won. 

:rofl:

Louis is deluded if he thought besides Kings Lynn the other 2 away matches they should have won.

They would never get a better chance to win away at Wolves on Monday again, taking control till mid way thru.

This is the problem with the Witches side away from home and I can’t see them taking a win without some luck.

They just down have the firepower when it counts. It will be the same if both reserves move into the main team, strong reserves no end meeting strength.

That said, they aren’t the cannon fodder everybody said they would be and for that reason it’s very welcome to see.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

:rofl:

Louis is deluded if he thought besides Kings Lynn the other 2 away matches they should have won.

They would never get a better chance to win away at Wolves on Monday again, taking control till mid way thru.

This is the problem with the Witches side away from home and I can’t see them taking a win without some luck.

They just down have the firepower when it counts. It will be the same if both reserves move into the main team, strong reserves no end meeting strength.

That said, they aren’t the cannon fodder everybody said they would be and for that reason it’s very welcome to see.

I think the point he’s making is that when you have a reserve pairing that is consistently scoring close to 20 points a meeting, you should be winning meetings regardless of how under strength the top 5 looks and he has a point imo. 

An average of 5 points each from the top 5 shouldn’t be too much to ask but it was on Monday which is disappointing. 

From that interview you can tell Harris really shouldn’t be riding and although he didn’t admit it, reading between the lines you can tell that Chris isn’t too happy with the situation. That’s the impression I got anyway.

Isn’t Harris normally good for double figures around Monmore? That alone cost us getting something on Monday along with Bellego’s inabilities to ride smaller tracks. 

I think there is just a few frustrations there that Wolves have a few issues themselves and are not at full strength so it was an early opportunity to pick up away points which we blew. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think the point he’s making is that when you have a reserve pairing that is consistently scoring close to 20 points a meeting, you should be winning meetings regardless of how under strength the top 5 looks and he has a point imo. 

An average of 5 points each from the top 5 shouldn’t be too much to ask but it was on Monday which is disappointing. 

From that interview you can tell Harris really shouldn’t be riding and although he didn’t admit it, reading between the lines you can tell that Chris isn’t too happy with the situation. That’s the impression I got anyway.

Isn’t Harris normally good for double figures around Monmore? That alone cost us getting something on Monday along with Bellego’s inabilities to ride smaller tracks. 

I think there is just a few frustrations there that Wolves have a few issues themselves and are not at full strength so it was an early opportunity to pick up away points which we blew. 

It’s an interesting insight and I hear what he is saying. It takes nothing away from the point they aren’t built to compete in the bigger heats and that ultimately cost Ipswich of the hope of a point which they still could have got in heat 15.

Bomber hasn’t been as good at Monmore the past couple of seasons but is more than a worry if in the right mood and it would have been a different story if that was the case. Bomber riding injured was the ultimate cost I guess as he looked poor and clearly not fit for a much tighter circuit.

Reserves won’t be the issue all season at Ipswich and I can see them top scoring in most away matches whoever it is. The likes of King and Harris need to step up more away but often are found wanting at times.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

It’s an interesting insight and I hear what he is saying. It takes nothing away from the point they aren’t built to compete in the bigger heats and that ultimately cost Ipswich of the hope of a point which they still could have got in heat 15.

Bomber hasn’t been as good at Monmore the past couple of seasons but is more than a worry if in the right mood and it would have been a different story if that was the case. Bomber riding injured was the ultimate cost I guess as he looked poor and clearly not fit for a much tighter circuit.

Reserves won’t be the issue all season at Ipswich and I can see them top scoring in most away matches whoever it is. The likes of King and Harris need to step up more away but often are found wanting at times.

It wasn't the bigger heats as such that were the problem on Monday

Heats 7-10 being 19-5 was where the match was lost

Bomber only scoring 4 tonight  against Poole,,,, let's hope he gets back to his best soon,, we gonna need him to be.  

Edited by Baldyman

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It wasn't the bigger heats as such that were the problem on Monday

Heats 7-10 being 19-5 was where the match was lost

Fair point, heat 13 was costly also. And when needing a 5-1 in heat 15 it was highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Fair point, heat 13 was costly also. And when needing a 5-1 in heat 15 it was highly unlikely.

Fair point also Steve :t:

Ultimately whatever the what ifs and if onlys we lost by 10 and thats what counts!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fair point also Steve :t:

Ultimately whatever the what ifs and if onlys we lost by 10 and thats what counts!

Yes very true. But at least the Witches are competitive away which is great for all in the league.

• Like 1

Aves after 3 league matches....
Lawson 8.00
Allen 6.86
Heeps 6.75
King 6.29
KP 5.67
Bellego 4.80
Harris 2.29

Wow,,, Harris is erm,,,,,,, let's  put it politely,,,,,, under performing. 

And I don't care if he isn't fit,,,, if not fit don't ride,, simple 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3